Donโ€™t know how you got the username. :scream: :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

2 Likes

Poelidor innit?

1 Like

He looks like Mathieu van der Poel.

6B all the way for sketching

2 Likes

Take a pic of the small print with your phone then enlarge it on the screen, I find Iโ€™m having to do this more and more often these days and the phone to be a very helpful tool.

8 Likes

Good tip, I have occasionally done so, and have also used a phone to take a photo of the back of equipment to figure out which socket/input is which when I donโ€™t want to remove it from a rack/table but there isnโ€™t enough room to see.

1 Like

Hereโ€™s the best 30cm led light for an aquarium or terrarium. Twinstar 300S IV. Just arrived today. In fact itโ€™s so new that Iโ€™m the first consumer in the UK to have one. Not in the shops yet. It doesnโ€™t just have the rgbw leds, it has revolutionary new orange ones to give a fuller, wider light spectrum. Itโ€™s alright having rgb, but if it just produces peaks of the primary colours, itโ€™s not doing a proper job. It needs to be full, wide rgbw.

This is to be used on a terrarium, (Dennerle nano cube with moulded white glass and not jointed, which is the best 30cm terrarium) Iโ€™m putting together to house the best and rarest heliamphora, flamingo.

4 Likes

Brings back memories.

I had a nano reef back in the early 2000s.

I was using a 20k metal halide bulb then moved on to a Kessil Tuna Blue point source LED. Great for shimmer.

4 Likes

Nice. Didnโ€™t know what you meant regarding shimmer, but Googled it and that was an interesting light.

Set this simple nano tank up a month ago for my marimos.

4 Likes

Nice.

Now Iโ€™m thinking of setting up a FOWLR nano tank. Its been over 15 years I think.

)-: (-;

1 Like

If you do, please post info that youโ€™re doing on it, as Iโ€™m getting more into this subject.

1 Like

Does it have a disco mode? :wink:

No, but this ingenious little programmable dimmer lets you set the light intensity from 1-100% at different times of day, so you can recreate natural dawn/dusk and peaking at midday. At about 9pm, itโ€™s on at a very low 1% and glows very atmospheric. Other dimmers allow you to adjust the individual rgbw colour leds too. Interesting subject.

By pure chance, I visited someoneโ€™s house 3 years ago and he had the most amazing coral only aquarium. As the evening draws in, the lights go dimmer and the coral react by changing and glowing the most stunning colours. Turned out he was very well known in the aquarium world. Iโ€™ll do that one day.

1 Like

Not had one of these for years, Mrs Tonedeaf just bought a pack from a shopping trip :blush:

5 Likes

I confess loving crisps that take the top layer of your tongue off.
But these mild ones are just delicious.

1 Like

Anglesey pure Sea Salt. Expensive but worth it. No funny or bitter aftertaste. No additives.

2 Likes

Like @HungryHalibut , Iโ€™m a big fan of Original BTC - a British company who make wonderful lighting. Iโ€™ve had some wall lights in the bedroom for a while but have just picked up one of their โ€˜Pebbleโ€™ lights for the hallway. 36 porcelain โ€˜pebblesโ€™ made in Stoke-on-Trent and then attached to a frame. The pix donโ€™t quite do it justice but it is a thing of beauty:

These are the wall lights which have porcelain shades made in Stoke:

2 Likes

Merkur Futur safety razor

6 Likes

That Pebble light is just beautiful. Our ceilings are too low to accommodate one, fortunately for my wallet! We have nine of the Hector wall lights around the house, a Hector Bibendum table lamp, two pleated ones on our bedside tables, two Fin lights in the sitting room and a pair of triple aluminium ceiling lights in the kitchen. If you want more, ring Original BTC directly, turn on the charm, ask nicely and you should get a 20% discount. Hardly anyone calls apparently, but they like to hear from customers directly and the discount is most welcome.

1 Like