The Best πŸ‘Œ

I’d had my eye on the pebble light for a while and then just before Xmas they were selling at 20% off so I nabbed one. I think that the Hector lights are incredibly good vfm

Here is our George Nelson Chronopak clock, which sits on the mantelpiece. I thought long and hard before buying it, but it’s just so lovely I went for it.

5 Likes

It’s a good idea to have got the Pebble before you retire!

Absolutely! But it is just so lovely that I couldn’t pass up the offer

nice too

Do you want a cheap mass produced import from China, or do you you want something handmade in England? You get what you pay for.

1 Like

Those visible crosshead screws aren’t a good design feature.

7 Likes

As has been mentioned in another thread, lol…

2 Likes

True, nor the little plastic switch

2 Likes

Star Anise.

The best.
Definitely the best dried spice.

1 Like

You can not replicate it…
Char sui roast pork probably the best…

I vote for szechwan peppercorns (in Chinese cuisine)

2 Likes

Black pepper would get my vote.

2 Likes

Chinese New Year’s Eve Friday. Got some pork shoulder marinating in char Siu for a Friday special.

12 Likes

Then I guess you like to cook Chinese food. I much prefer Indian, so if I had to choose a single spice it would probably be cardamom. I also have a soft spot for garam masala, but of course that’s a spice mixture. Don’t buy the overpriced sawdust you get from supermarkets, grind it fresh in small batches.

I also have a liking for the humble cumin. So many Indian dishes use it, but I often find myself adding it to English recipes too.

8 Likes

Black Cardomom rather than Green though surely…

1 Like

I use both, but I wouldn’t necessarily use black cardamom in all dishes as the stronger, smoky flavour isn’t always right for some recipes.

1 Like

Green cardamom for toasting and grinding to a powder. Black cardamom for dropping whole in a sauce.

1 Like

John Lofgren M43

4 Likes

5 Likes