The Best ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Since this is The Best thread.

I have found these to be โ€œThe Bestโ€
Although if taking everyday it can be pricey.
I take one every 3 days.

Starting the day with the best commercially available mayonaise:

7 Likes

It is good, isnโ€™t it? I remember the days when pretty much your only option was Heinz salad cream. Disgusting stuff, by comparison.

1 Like

We get that here too, pretty good.

1 Like

It was easter, I spent a few minutes whipping up my own. Really easy, quick & much nicer.

4 Likes

Thanks for recommending that. I had no idea such a thing existed. Iโ€™ve been struggling with the lids of bottled sauerkraut for ages, and often resort to stabbing the lid with a screwdriver to release the vacuum. I will get a Jarkey from the local hardware shop asap.

2 Likes

That reminded me of some post war nutrition.

Halibut Oil. Three drops? On your tongue. Swallow now. (Mother)

I would love to sample this again. I remember it very thick and sweet.
We of course never saw an orange until later.
IMG_2245

5 Likes

But you always made sure that you got the teaspoon of cod liver oil first, so that you could kill the taste of it with the teaspoon of orange juice to follow. :face_vomiting:

Ah, โ€ฆ โ€ฆ โ€ฆ happy days.

2 Likes

The song โ€˜Cod Liver Oil and Orange Juiceโ€™ sung by the Mary Wallopers comes to mind. I can recommend a listen.

1 Like

This is my favourite balsamic salad dressing.

1 Like

Alden Indy boots in snuff suede๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

1 Like

Iโ€™ll see your Mary Wallopers, and raise you a Hamish Imlach. :banjo: :scotland:

3 Likes

Brilliant, my type of music. Any other recommendations? Americana and folk just hit the spot for me for some reason.

Folk music isnโ€™t on my radar at all, Iโ€™m afraid โ€ฆ โ€ฆ โ€ฆ I only remember, as a child, Hamish Imlach droning out from the family Dansette. :weary: :scotland:

1 Like

Having listened to some more of him itโ€™s not really my thing either. Mary Wallopers are great fun. Iโ€™d say Tyler Childers and City and Colour are where I lay my hat mostly.

Thereโ€™s alsoโ€ฆโ€ฆ

as recommended by @110dB for use on recalcitrant Burndy connectors. :innocent:

ATB, J

1 Like

Halibut oil? Thatโ€™s the relatives youโ€™re talking about.

2 Likes

Have had one for years.

Ridiculously easy to open any lid using it. However, the best thing about it is the satisfying โ€˜popโ€™ when you use it.

My late wife always let me open the new lids with it, commenting โ€˜little things for little mindsโ€™โ€ฆ

2 Likes

Probably came from the USA as Alaska seems to be the main fishing area and we had little trawling ability after WW2.

Perhaps you might go and visit family one day.

I recently recommended the film Insomnia set in the fishing fields.
Looks very cold,very wet and very dark in the winter.

They are very good. I gave one similar to that to Jason a few years ago - seemed pleased with it.