The Best 👌

Can’t be that good , I can see a few.

Weed extractor I assume.

Bought a cheapie one at the garden centre a few weeks ago - works reasonably well though I suspect not as well as that.

1 Like

Out of interest what did you get?

Yes.

My wife had a cheap one, but one of the three prongs snapped off, so, I bought her the fiscars xact.

She thought it was a waste of money spending £40 on a weed puller, but hasn’t complained since she used it. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, Fjällräven is a really good brand, top quality and lasts forever, this backpack is from the mid-80s.

8 Likes

It’s a brand indeed. All bags I’ve checked are made in China these days.

Still a Swedish company as far as I know, so no difference there.

1 Like

You do realise that the world’s most advanced factories, with the best cutting edge technologies are in 3rd world countries like China? These countries don’t produce crap, they produce the best products in the world, and they do it cheaper and more efficient than the rest, because of the work force mentality.

If you don’t, you do now.

1 Like

It’s not about that Count. I’ve no problem with China as an economic power or an issue with the quality of the work. One gets for what one pays for. I’ve an issue with companies pretending to be Dutch, Swedish, UK, USA but having outsourced all production and try to cost cut as much as possible. They’re basically hollow financial or marketing shells. Hifi with a British flag printed on it … horrible.

7 Likes

Surely if you ‘have no problem with the quality of the work’ then the geographical location of the ultimate owner of the business isn’t relevant. e.g. some Naim units are made in a manufacturing facility in Slovenia IIRC.
What matters is the design and performance, no?

1 Like

Photo of the Ndac main PCB.

The sticker at top left indicates it’s spent time in the far east. Possibly China.

2 Likes

Excellent for long hiking treks with heavy packs, GORE-TEX material keeps your feet dry, and comfortable.

2 Likes

Do you know who owns the firm?

When vitamin companies change ownership I suspect the quality levels get worse when they are bought by private equity firms.

If the lid is metal, can’t you just heat it up in hot water so it expands and becomes easier to open?

I’ve been a rock climber all my life so I’ve hardly ever been unable to open a vacuum sealed jar.

What’s that?

Exactly no as it’s what they call in France “société par actions simplifiées”
Anyway they publish all their source suppliers as well as product analysis…

1 Like

Jam pot (screw top jar) opener :grinning:

ATB, J

Yes, that’s how the market economy works, companies are always looking for the cheapest way to produce their goods unless other reasons that can be translated into money speak against it. Hardly surprising.

1 Like

Durrr - of course. :grinning:

[My nickname when I was an infant was Jampot because I am called James and was on the chubby side and had auburn hair.]

1 Like

Here’s the best fly swatter. Stitched leather, solid brass attachment and bamboo handle for whippiness. Made by Perigot in France and not China😂. Great balance, flex and has perfect sweet spot for blow flies. The art is not to hit them too hard in mid-flight, because they’ll just splatter everywhere, which is clearly disgusting. If you get it perfect, you can actually hit them back out the window, but this is not the usual case. Forehand is a lot more accurate. Backhand can lead to chandelier damage, due to a blindspot issue.

3 Likes