The Best ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Whatโ€™s the last thing that goes through a flyโ€™s brain when you swat it?
Itโ€™s bum.

1 Like

Got some chicken legs out of the freezer last week. Left them in the freezer bag on the kitchen top. Walked in a couple of hours later and saw a blue bottle on the bag. I constantly check Moโ€™s cat bowl for fly eggs throughout summer and closely checked my freezer bag. There were fly eggs laid INSIDE the bag! There must have been the smallest tear in the bag somewhere. They are truly revolting things.

2 Likes

(IMO) It works better with the answer: Sh*t

Got to be philosphical about flies, without em thereโ€™d be a whole lot more decaying stuff & garbage in the world.

3 Likes

IMG_0466

4 Likes

Either flies are getting smarter or my reactions are getting slower as I can rarely swat the little buggers these days.

1 Like

The advantages of having multiple-faceted eyes vs your two!

3 Likes

Backhand swatting is more fun and stress relieving.

1 Like

You could be our wild card entry at Wimbledon๐Ÿ˜‚

5 Likes

The operative phrase would be โ€˜wildโ€™ :laughing:

1 Like

The only thing I can safely say Iโ€™m actually any good at in life, is table tennis. I was coached as a kid and Iโ€™ve never lost the skills. When fly swatting, I even attempt spin on them. This gives me so much pleasure, that I think thereโ€™s a problem with me.

I suppose if I get so much pleasure out of it, then the problem lies with someone else and the flies.

3 Likes

And a metabolism many times as fastโ€ฆ

Bottom, top, or side?

1 Like

Good question. Itโ€™s actually bottom (chop), which in table tennis, is a defensive stroke*, but in fly swatting becomes an attacking guidance stroke*.

*Cue Skeptikal.

2 Likes

Yes, a really good bottom chop ends up curling back into the net of the opponent and is unreturnable.

[As the actress said to the bishop.]

1 Like

My weapon of choice for flies.

The vacuum cleaner.

Approach the nozzle to the fly slowly.
As you draw nearer the suction from the vacuum makes the fly grip tighter onto the surface. Too late the fly realizes its mistake (it doesnโ€™t but I added for drama) and its sucked up. No mess.

I havenโ€™t used a fly swatter in decades.

5 Likes

Does it work on hooverflies?

Iโ€™ll get my coatโ€ฆ

5 Likes

2 Likes

The Best footage yetโ€ฆ

1 Like

IMG_3765

The Best Marmite spreader !?

4 Likes