The Blue Nile

I understand that you are trying to help, and thank you for that, but I just don’t ‘get’ the technology. If I could do the search as you suggest, I would do, but I don’t understand it, so I can’t.

(Hope that makes sense.)

I was going to suggest that may be a remote possibility, my Glasgow Naim dealer, Loud and Clear, sell select vinyl and also have a very good relationship with Linn, might be worth a phone enquiry to see if they have any, I’ve seen them in the past in store.
It was them that did the PJ Moore pre launch listening session.

1 Like

Thank you, I tried Loud and Clear, but no luck there.

Any other suggestions grateful received.

I suppose someone had to do it…

The Scottish album on the Scottish turntable

£3.50 this album cost me, God knows how long ago.

11 Likes

Monorail Records Glasgow helped the Blue Nile at the start, maybe worth a call ?

Le freak records Dundee have “rooftops” listed on Discogs.

Rough trade Bristol

Disc VG+ close to NM /// Sleeve VG+ close to NM

Disc conservative VG+ closer to NM /// Sleeve VG+ with some mild wear to edges and small saw cut on lower spine.

Emporium hifi

1 Like

Try typing discogs blue nile into the search bar of your browser.

When you have The Blue Nile page it is easy to pick out the LPs you want.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

I’ve tried, and failed, to order on the Discogs site. I shan’t keep trying. As Shakespeare said similar circus, ‘that way madness lies’.

I just need a human being in a shop with whom I can deal over a 'phone.

As of this moment, I no longer have an interest in buying these wretched LPs. I’ll just deal with people who want to sell LPs, and are prepared to take my money!

2 Likes

I’ll try them tomorrow, then give up (see elsewhere).

It really shouldn’t be this difficult.

While you work through your Discog problems, you could always stream the albums…

Peace at last and high might be available. I’ve got both on vinyl and I may be in a real minority but I adore Peace at last.

2 Likes

‘I Love This Life’ still sounds good despite being almost 40 years old.
I discovered it when it was included on the remastered cd reissue of AWATR.
Did you manage to see them live?

1 Like

Rough trade Bristol, look them up, they have the records you want, I found the ads on Discogs for you. 0117 something…

Regrettably, no. Cheers.

Tis the story of modern life. A good rapport with a local high quality dealer of whatever your are into is gold.

1 Like

The Blue Nile have a website: https://www.thebluenile.org
Might be of interest to readers of this thread.

1 Like

I had a great rapport with Grahams in Islington, London. Trouble was, I moved to Brighton ten years ago.

1 Like

I don’t understand why, if The Blue Nile decided to remaster and rerelease their vinyl albums, they would do so in such limited numbers.

Ah well, there are greater musicians out there who are only too keen to take my money instead.

Their loss.

It’s not the bands fault the original record label owns the rights.
The band can’t afford to do all the manufacturing and distribution.
It’s up to someone to buy it out or reissue under licence it’s far more complicated than most think.

1 Like

:wink: :thinking: :rofl: