The Blue Nile

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

I’ve tried, and failed, to order on the Discogs site. I shan’t keep trying. As Shakespeare said similar circus, ‘that way madness lies’.

I just need a human being in a shop with whom I can deal over a 'phone.

As of this moment, I no longer have an interest in buying these wretched LPs. I’ll just deal with people who want to sell LPs, and are prepared to take my money!

2 Likes

I’ll try them tomorrow, then give up (see elsewhere).

It really shouldn’t be this difficult.

While you work through your Discog problems, you could always stream the albums…

Peace at last and high might be available. I’ve got both on vinyl and I may be in a real minority but I adore Peace at last.

2 Likes

‘I Love This Life’ still sounds good despite being almost 40 years old.
I discovered it when it was included on the remastered cd reissue of AWATR.
Did you manage to see them live?

1 Like

Rough trade Bristol, look them up, they have the records you want, I found the ads on Discogs for you. 0117 something…

Regrettably, no. Cheers.

Tis the story of modern life. A good rapport with a local high quality dealer of whatever your are into is gold.

1 Like

The Blue Nile have a website: https://www.thebluenile.org
Might be of interest to readers of this thread.

1 Like

I had a great rapport with Grahams in Islington, London. Trouble was, I moved to Brighton ten years ago.

1 Like

I don’t understand why, if The Blue Nile decided to remaster and rerelease their vinyl albums, they would do so in such limited numbers.

Ah well, there are greater musicians out there who are only too keen to take my money instead.

Their loss.

It’s not the bands fault the original record label owns the rights.
The band can’t afford to do all the manufacturing and distribution.
It’s up to someone to buy it out or reissue under licence it’s far more complicated than most think.

1 Like

:wink: :thinking: :rofl:

Limited editions of anything always commands a higher price if there is demand. And they may not be in a position to mass produce and distribute their records. But a limited run would enable them to test if there is sufficient demand for a bigger edition. Making a quality vinyl record these days is difficult I would imagine. Jack White I know goes to a lot of trouble and makes would be customers subscribe to his club. I stream and play CDs accepting that this might not be the best quality sound. There are a few threads where people have modern vinyl and complain of poor quality.

Good luck with your search!

1 Like

Brighton has many bricks and mortar record shops, if you are mobile then they are worth exploring. The Blue Nile website suggests the best music was made before you were born, so it is clear that they know they have a younger fan base as well.

1 Like

I have no idea whether the group, the label, or someone else altogether, owns the rights to release albums.

I wonder how you know?

Your missing the point I only tried to tell you how it is out of the hands of the band.
The rights and masters of those two albums AWATR and Hats are owned by Linn though Castlesound recording studios.
I know.
Simply trying to explain how sometimes things are hard to get.
You should see the mass problems in the Jazz genre because of smaller independent labels coming and going. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Lots of sweeping statements there.

I wonder at your wisdom.

I give up. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I saw them three times, once at the Dominion on Tottenham Court Road (18th September 1990); Albert Hall (26th June 1997); and at Somerset House (13th July 2008).

All three were brilliant gigs, but nothing can compare with the intensity of the first one. I have about five boots as well, all of which I listen to from time to time.

They were a fantastic live band in the right setting.

Here they are at Glasto in 1997:

6 Likes