The Doors

Don’t fret it - Queen has the same effect on me - :yawning_face: . As do The Eagles apart from one early single.

Happy not to ‘click’, tbh.

Second and last time on these shores.
Two years after the Roundhouse - a very different Morrison…

Isle of Wight 1970.

The video’s out of sync at first (or another song!) but seems to catch up later.

Boomer here. My family took a 2-week holiday in the summer of 1967 pulling a pop-up trailer (caravan) behind the car from New Jersey ultimately up to Montreal to see the 1967 World’s Fair and back. Light My Fire was played a ton on the radio that summer and my parents bought me the 45.

I’d say I’ve enjoyed the Doors ever since.

2 Likes

As luck would have it, I was just invited to Sniffen Court. There’s a little theater on the right as you enter. I was in there once many, many years ago to meet a friend of a friend.

Well, for the first time that I’m aware of the public (on my block) have been invited to see a play there.

1 Like

Beautiful! Hope you have (had?) a great evening there, @jegreenwood.

Anything you care to share, I’m all eyes!

Unfortunately, I will be away during the weekend of the performances.

Working my way through the Live in New York recordings at the moment. Really enjoy this!

1 Like

Felt Forum is a great release. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Try and hear the more intimate Aquarius shows if you can.
The Doors coming home to LA. There is a speed issue with the tapes, but I can’t say it’s ever distracted me. Great set.

1 Like

Just because: Aquarius. One hour 30ish…
There’s no film (that I’m aware of) of the actual complete show, but this will certainly do.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I have found them on the ”Set the Night on Fire” collection, together with live in Detroit.

@Porphyr

Cant go wrong with Bright Midnight releases, a great initiative by Danny and such a shame for the Doors legacy that they closed down, compared to the shambolic DM we have now.

1 Like

What quality is your Set The Night… @Porphyr?

I looked on Discogs and could only see MP3 in the details.

I stream from Qobuz and it says Flac 44,kHz 16 bit.

1 Like

Thanks :+1:t3:…I did wonder. Good to know if I ever dip a toe into buying files (unlikely, but…)

Forgive me if I’ve posted this before, but I do love a Dodge Challenger (ever since Vanishing Point in the 70’s. Still remember being in the cinema, enthralled), as did Jim. The video also takes me back to roaming LA by car and (!) on foot.

Plus, it’s a great song…

1 Like

Next RSD…should be good, hopefully great - an official release after all these years (most will have it unofficially, but this is remastered by Bruce so :crossed_fingers:t3:)

The Doors
Live at Konserthuset Stockholm 1968

A triple disc on vinyl egad, pale blue…time to make more room on the shelves.

Plus CD set, natch.

I assume that this album will be released on RSD in the USA, which is sometimes a different date from RSD in the UK? Is there an actual date yet?

April 20 according to Rhino.

Thank you. Is there a website that can be used to log onto to pre-order the records?

I ask, because I missed out on the RSD ‘midnight blue’ re-release of Absolutely Live a year or two ago, although I did find a new US-pressed version of the album, apparently made especially for a South American market, with a Spanish language booklet.

You can order online only after RSD, I’m afraid.
Pre-ordering kinda defeats the purpose of Record Store Day!

Some copies of the RSD blue vinyl AL were still available last year on Ebay if you recall our last chat about it. Worth a look.
(If you still want one of course.)