The Doors

Thanks SB

Pre-ordered.

Quite a wait, but looking forward to this from Genesis Publications. Due next Jan.

Night Divides The Day
Ltd Ed Collector Edition.

From the Genesis page:
Collector Edition: 1,650 numbered copies
Signed by: John Densmore and Robby Krieger
Binding: Quarter-bound in apple leather with a cover inspired by 1960s concert posters
Box: Clamshell box inspired by one of The Doors’ official flight cases
7" Vinyl: Rare demos of “Hello, I Love You” and “Moonlight Drive” mastered by Bruce Botnick

1 Like

Couple of nice photos I’d not seen before.
The Doors in Hawaii 1970.

Listening to this now, much better sound quality than I expected and really enjoying it

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a great step-up from Bakersfield isn’t it? Very good sound, agreed :+1:t3:

I’ve got all the originals plus the MOFI 45’s, but haven’t heard or got Bakersfield
Is it worth getting?

If you love the band enough to have bought the AP 45 set (I assumed you meant that) as well as the originals, and Konserthusit then…imho, yes! But you could/should look at the live Detroit, New York and Aquarius and the rest (including the ‘drunk’ Boston ) first. Bakersfield will be a lot easier to get hold of…

Yes I meant Analogue Productions :scream:
I’ve got New York on CD and Vinyl the same as Aquarius so will look out for the ones you mention

1 Like

Good stuff @Zoomcap
I’m pleased you joined the thread!

:+1::guitar::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

In my case it’s :+1: :drum: :tumbler_glass:

Here’s an unreleased bit of studio larking about… it ain’t exactly prime Doors but, to nick Jim’s line at the Bowl, ‘ah, whadda we care’…:slight_smile:

1 Like

What a little gem this is. A well- known microphone problem early on in the first set but that in no way detracts…
The cover front to back:

Glorious.

1 Like

I have that on order, Stevie. I’m looking forward very much to giving it a spin.

I suppose that these were shows recorded when Elektra was giving thought to a live album, which turned out to be ‘Absolutely Live’.

AL is compiled of US concerts only, Graham.

No, at the time I don’t think the European tour was recorded with any view to including them in the official live compilation.

Not even sure that in 1968 there was any planned thought given to a dedicated live album at all, although some few shows were properly recorded obviously…most (if not all) in 1968 weren’t. Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, NY Philadelphia all came later.

I’ll have to check.

Your first para is right, Stevie - absolutely so!

Meaning the rest is wrong, lol!

I’ll check on Mild Equator…

1 Like

Great set lists, how’s the sound quality and where did you get it from?

I simply don’t know about the rest!

hi Graham , I was able to find it on Amazon and sent you details

Best wishes

Ian