The Doors

Thanks, Ian, I’ll have a look.

Enjoying this on a hot Friday afternoon.

G

1 Like

A Morrison family photo I don’t recall seeing before…Jim looks like he’s plotting out The End…

3 Likes

Sorry for slow reply, @Mike_S…notifications went down.

Sound is really very good, much better than some recent releases (Bakersfield). There are issues with mic dropouts at times, but these have always been there (equipment problems during the gig).

I found my copies on Ebay as I’d not been able to cruise the record shops for awhile.

1 Like

Was looking yesterday for a short vid to post here in commemoration, but only found this just now. A day late but… the music’s never over:

https://youtube.com/shorts/1ioxkKyEeL4?si=D4m9an2sjBdUGRAx

(Think the link is faulty as a direct post, but it works with a click)

And this trailer (sadly the film was only shown in US cinemas at the time)

Early days. Live at the Avalon, March 1967…

Not great sound, but certainly not awful.

Just keeping the thread heartbeat alive, (he cried…)

Surely having one of the most recognisable & individual playing styles in ‘rock’ drumming:

John Densmore then

And now

3 Likes

Can’t let a mention of John Densmore pass without a link to this article from 2002, in which he explains why (as long as he’s alive) you’ll never hear a Doors song in a commercial.

2 Likes

Great article, thanks! I knew of John’s stance but hadn’t seen this.

I wish Doors Management under Jampol would have followed suit - Doors skateboards, baby clothes, gimmicks et al always chasing the mighty dollar :money_mouth_face:…puke…

“No one here gets out alive”

Sigh.

3 Likes

A cute earlier shot (1969, Gloria Stavers).
Bless…

Just as Ringo was THE perfect drummer for the Beatles, John Densmore was the same for the Doors.

2 Likes

Absolutely.
Like a glove, both.

1 Like

A nice photo make-up I found on FB.
Sniffen Court NYC

6 Likes