The End of DSLR's

I visited IWM Duxford early last year for the ‘Spitfire: Evolution of an Icon’ exhibition.
12 Spits in all their glory, that brought a tear to my eye! When it was quieter, later in the afternoon, they let me step beyond the guide ropes to get some close up shots.
Made a lovely short AV that I showed one evening at Durham Photography Society.
Seeing them all together is something I’ll never forget.

Try the Battle Of Britain display weekend they will normally have a mass take off of Spitfires

:+1: Yes I’ll get to one one of these years!

1 Like

Just about to order my first Fuji , an XE4 for travel and flower photography ,along with a 60 mm 2.4 Macro

8 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Except out of the one camera, two lenses, two filters I placed an order for only one of the five is available,

I think Fuji will produce the better photos but Sony is slightly more available…

Surely in the limit… what they enable in terms of good photos is effectively the same … it’s down to the photographer and the familiarity and skill of using their tools for better photos?
To me different cameras and lenses provide different ways or possibilities of capturing images, but good photos are down to the photographer.

The ergonomics and balance of a camera and lens in the hand or use is a very personal thing… but one that is crucial for the ability of being dexterous in capturing images in the way you want or feels natural for you.

In my view that is why mobile phone camera can be technically quite advanced in some aspects, but the ergonomics for creating photos for me is dire… unless I want to simply record a scene or take snaps or selfies … and for that they are perfect in my opinion… and that is what I use my iPhone for.

4 Likes

Ah , the package I was looking at was a package zoom with the Sony and a package prime lens with the Fuji . So I would hope the Fuji will produce slightly better , but looking back at some flower photos I took , I was surprised to see some were from zoom .

When it came to the two packages there was a cigarette paper between them , I liked the Fuji’s dials approach more than the Sony

I get that entirely… it’s that ergonomic thing. It’s nice we have choices to suit our tastes.

1 Like

She sleeps on the chair or settee. Her absolute favourite spot is where I am sitting and can I please move out , once I’ve warmed the place for her.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff

I have an earlier version of this. I find the fixed 35mm equivalent focal length great for creativity and focusing with my feet gives me more natural perspectives than I’d get with a zoom. The APS-C sensor, which is about half the size of so-called full-frame, gives me more than enough resolution and dynamic range for my purposes.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience of Sony, however I’m not sure Fuji make a duff lens,

I do think the images produced by Sony and Fuji are different though and likely different in the same hands. Neither is better or worse, just different.

I am rather jealous as a six month delay was quoted to me on that model, I have seen an open box quoted more than the list price .

I went for the XE4 instead , vaguely similar ergonomics .

Fuji having masses of delays , no XE4 availability , XT30 11 - Wex have some at branches, the XT4 is available in black - and reduced :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure the XT-4 is an improvement over the 3 and perhaps a little weaker in some ways. Jessops (and E-Infinity if you prefer) have X-T5’s in stock.

Cotswold cameras also have them, and the X100V.

There are some X-E4’s on ebay and some ‘like new’ at MPB.

1 Like

In the end I ordered (and to be confirmed by Wex) a XT30 11

I traded in a lot of gear , and the value was different whether it was cash or credit , so a bit tied into Wex, having said that I am a fan of theirs as I have always excellent service .

The balance of funds will to to a smaller wide angle lens

In forty years I have only had Minolta/Sony or Canon . I just wanted a range finder or dials , proper dials with proper controls.

A possible safari next year

best wishes

Ian
PS Did you see there is a Flying Legends show scheduled ?

Yes I did, at the time I looked a few weeks ago they had no list of attendees though! Details still seem sketchy but they have listed some of the regulars on the website.

It’s moved on from Sywell it seems and apparently at Church Fenton. Wherever Church Fenton is.

I believe they were looking to put it on at North Weald where they used to hold The Fighter Meet. Don’t know what happened to that plan…

1 Like

Church Fenton is near Leeds, so that is a two night stay , usual suspects plus three Curtis, a Gladiator and a Martlett would love see the last three

It is looking like it will be an XT4 on an open box basis. Wex also have some good Fuji lenses

The Nikon Zfc looks to be an option, but I am underwhelmed by the Z series of plastic lenses

just as I was thinking about an XT4…