The fate of the NAC-N 272. Still keeps me awake at night

Is that the source with the XPS through a SN2? I think that’s what you’re saying, but it reads as though the XPS was on the SNait.

I think you mean XPS DR on the NDX2, which really should be quite a difference on a SN2 or 282/250. I’m a bit disillusioned though that the step up in amplification in the Naim range is so darn expensive now.

Yes I am referring to the NDX2 on the Supernait2.

Had one like this, back in the day.

2 Likes

And a Supercap.

Good looking deck. :+1:

1 Like

Just noticed that Sevenoaks are selling the 272 with a 46% discount. Would this suggest that a replacement is imminent?

3 Likes

Well maybe Cliff, but more likely they just want to shift a discontinued item.

Regards,

Lindsay

@CliffH

replacement for whom? for the 272
or for you (By doing an upgrade)?
:wink:

That was my point. Is this an indication that the 272 is about to be discontinued and they want to clear the decks? It’s very unusual to see Naim kit discounted like this (as someone who bought a ND5XS at full price about a month before it was replaced by the ND5XS2 knows only too well).

It has been discontinued.

1 Like

I missed that. It’s still listed as a current product on the Naim website.

The Naim website does not have a particularly strong correlation with reality. The V1 and 100 show as extant when they are not, and there are lots of oddities.

1 Like

See what happened to Nds. They are sold 2/3 k euros know. 33% of their original price.

Yes, there were several boxes discontinued earlier in the year where the website hasn’t caught up. I believe that the website is having a major revamp, so I guess that the products listed in that email will be tidied up then.

Which will come first I wonder? The revamped website or the 272 replacement?

5 Likes

I’ve “heard” that the delay on the website is the difficulty in showing off the new Naim turntable well.

Or perhaps it’s just waiting for the set up video for the cassette deck*…

• hint - am patiently standing by
5 Likes

Not the Fraim wallshelf or the Aro 2 then?

3 Likes