The Grand Cafe

Yes we are.

1 Like

@igahman hope everything is ok, we havenā€™t heard from you for awhile.

3 Likes

Things not great. Wife still in hospital. Iā€™m seriously worried Pete. Hoping to get her home for Christmas. Trying to distract myself in music and the community. Scrolling back canā€™t believe how much Iā€™ve missed. Apologies if Iā€™ve missed important posts.

6 Likes

Weā€™re a bunch of single minded music lovers that stick (usually) together. Iā€™m sorry to hear that your wife is still in hospital and can only imagine what youā€™re going through. Hopefully you can have some kind of Christmas, stay in touch and take care.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s been a difficult period.

3 Likes

Hard times, wishing you both well.

2 Likes

@Mike_S got your new gear yet?

Yes, you can read all about it here. They are all egging me on for a NAP500 DR and new speakers already, the buggers.

We have updated our Wills and they include a Trust arrangement for Miss Mike that covers our wishes around self autonomy and empowerment with supported living arrangements if needed. We are signing them tomorrow and will go out afterwards for a little celebration. This has been quite a big deal and milestone for us to get this sorted, and itā€™s been quite empowering in its own little way.

2 Likes

Weā€™re updating ours in the new year, in theory ours is simple we have 4 kids so everythingā€™s divided into 4. Weā€™re hoping thatā€™s how it works in practice.

1 Like

Weā€™ve another farm booked for Christmas (mark 2), Iā€™m looking forward to seeing my youngest daughter who happens to live the furthest away. My first Christmas Day with her since she was 2, sheā€™s now 41. Her 4 kids will keep Mrs Pete and I busy, Iā€™m hoping I survive it. :scream:

So Iā€™m cramming in some albums before weā€™re off tomorrow for a week.

5 Likes

Have fun. At least you should be safe from buying any hi-fi gear :flushed:

Iā€™ve still got my QBā€™s to pick up, until we build and I know whatā€™s left (if anything) I wonā€™t be upgrading anything.

1 Like

Quite right, itā€™s @Bevoā€™s turn :sunglasses:

Heā€™s hiding in Queenstown probably pretending he can mountain climb. :grin:

1 Like

Been in Christchurch for 3 days - havenā€™t been here for 5 years - lots of small bars and the food is really excellent so pretty good vibe all round. Unfortunately the pandemic has slowed the pace of major construction projects so still lots of vacant blocks used as car space. Will be at least another 10 years before infilled which is a pity, still the younger generation getting on with life.

Off to Queenstown in morning to consume gallons of Pinot noir :wine_glass:

Merry Christmas to all on forum

8 Likes

You too big guy, donā€™t fall off your stool.

4 Likes

Have a great time young lad. Queenstown is one beautiful,place.

1 Like

Have a great time Pete. Take it easy on the egg nog.:christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Itā€™s Australia and itā€™s summer I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had an egg nog. More like a gin and tonic.

2 Likes