The greenhouse

Having just moved part time into the countryside. It is amazing how the wittle fwuffy bunnies are cute for about 48 hours. Now they are already my wife’s sworn enemies. Mind you down this way they don’t wear glasses.

2 Likes

Something you never knew you needed …

The Quadgrow self-watering planter! Simple, clever, neat and tidy

From their website;

The New Self Watering Quadgrow Planter is a fantastic alternative to growing vegetables in growbags or pots, producing bigger harvests and even keeps plants watered for 14 days while you are on holiday.

Ideal for tomatoes and all other plants usually grown in a grow bag (including beans, aubergines, peas and peppers).

The 130cm long by 24cm wide Quadgrow growing system is so easy to set-up and use - simply fill the SmartReservoir and the FeederMats in the pots pull water up to the roots when they need it. The plants have access to water whenever they need it so there is no risk of the common gardening problems of tomatoes or other vegetables splitting or of blossom end rot.

Yesterday I actually ‘helped’ instead of just getting in the way

5 Likes

Meanwhile, almost ready to plant out in the raised beds;
lettuce, spinach, peas, broad beans, runners, carrots, onions, courgettes etc.
Spring is here!

4 Likes

Easter will never be quite the same😂

2 Likes

Looks good but beware of late frosts. In Nottingham we harden our plants off and then rarely put them in the ground until well into May. Perhaps you’re in the tropical south?

Same in Shropshire! Wisely, I always ‘take advice’ from the proper gardener.

Not far off the base being finished

These cheeky blighters came to say hello while I was taking the above pic

9 Likes

Aaw…….cute. Greenhouse coming along nicely.

2 Likes

Looking very neat.

Hope the dry weather persists until completion. Do you have your seedlings ready to go once the glass is in?

Good staging is a must to maximise the space if you haven’t ordered it already

It’s looking really nice, it will be a nice place to spend some relaxing time. What’s in the big building behind? Is that yours too?

1 Like

Yes, @TimOopNorth , I was going to ask the same thing as Mike, about the large building.
And your greenhouse is looking great. It’s going to be excellent! We don’t have a greenhouse yet, but we’re doing tomato seedlings under grow lights, and germinating sunflower seeds. All just for the garden of course.

1 Like

It’s my father in law’s silage clamp - used to store hay, wood, farm equipment, and currently has various areas for lambing / sheep

2 Likes

Nothing’s prepared at the moment - life’s a bit complicated just now (Helen’s work as a GP is a nightmare at the moment) and the greenhouse is totally not a priority for now other than enjoy the progress

3 Likes

I have a similar setup to yours but from AutoPot:

1 Like

Final update on the base:

I think you should be able to see the soil in two sections of the base

Next stage is delivery of the greenhouse and its subsequent erection. Not sure when that will be

6 Likes

Neat jobTim….worth the wait so far👍

2 Likes

Thanks. He was apparently working to an accuracy of 1mm!

2 Likes

Amazing…….looking forward to the final finish.

1 Like

A bit more done today - sturdy oak posts at the back of the greenhouse with a couple of pedestrian gates (one either side) and some sheeting so try e animals using the track behind are less likely to crash through into the greenhouse. We hope :grimacing:

Just waiting for the greenhouse bits to be delivered and the guy who is going to install it to up (hopefully in the right order) and then we will be up and running

7 Likes

Looks very neat job so far👍

2 Likes