The Munich “Bird” Report

:laughing:

1 Like

So we stayed at the Mariotte where this secondary event was to make it easy to attend on Sunday. Only to find out the show ended on Saturday! Doh!! :roll_eyes:

ah thanks. do you like them? They were everywhere at AXPONA as well. I have never heard of them before.

1 Like

Seeing those makes me realise how much I like the restrained elegance of Naim Audio styling (Classic and 500 series).

8 Likes

Agree I actually think that of the D’agostino range…as well. I liked the simplicity of the early Krells…it was what it was…there seems to be a bit of Captin Nemo styling going on which looks to me childish…

Did I hear that Naim are looking using grey instead of black???

They have used grey for a special edition set to celebrate Focal and Naim’s tenth anniversary together. This doesn’t mean everything is going to be grey.

1 Like

Kuzma room. IIRC speakers were Living Voice with external xovers.

New tone arm made of sapp

hire.

Uploading: eupetGwg.jpg…

Secondary deck.

9 Likes

Very ugly. But I would be interested to listen to these Wadax. As for the Avant garde speakers, I found them shouty, last time I could listen quickly.

Industrial design only a mother could love… and expensive! A friend bought the server/dac combo and says it sounds as good has his (multiple) high-end turntables. I’ve not had a chance to hear them… Did you get a chance to listen?

Ions ago I have heard the Trio driven by a 6 watt SET amps and for the vocal at a reasonable level it was excellent. I have never heard those bass horns so curious too see how they are. I agree the looks of Wadax is uber fuggly but it’s subjective. Someone would love them.

1 Like

Sure. In many set ups at the shows but they always failed to impress. Not my vibe I guess.
One of the best sound at this show was Kronos. That’s another loive-it-or-hate-it industrial design. But you know their set up always sounding good their fuggliness becomes irrelevant.
Their top of the line Discovery TT with their own tube phono stage. A new 12" tone arm priced at, wait for it, 20k.

ZYX Universe cartridge.

The only oil rig turntable that possess what I love but delivery more. The room had a Wadax digital rig but they all together was pale in comparison. I can’t recall which amp or speakers ( something large and white ). Source first.
The music also was great. None of those female vocal bullshit. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I am never a speaker person but was asked to go see these Zelaton speakers. Never heard of them.

Front end was Brinkmann Balance turntable.

5 Likes

I have NO idea what this was. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Looks like some sort of lottery prize draw machine, just need coloured numbered balls etc😉

7 Likes

The speakers in the picture are from Marten.
Hans

Happy to be back again and finish the report in the coming couple of days. As we have been so close it would have been nice Kuma to meet as I always enjoy your insightful comments on classical music. Perhaps I should as people to guess but I am the first seated person in the green shirt….

1 Like

Presume the operation was successful, welcome back.

2 Likes

Yes it was now I need to pray that I am not disbalancing and need to start from the beginning. The plug can breaks and I am not allowed to put any pressure on my leg. Just hopping around is ok, but especially places where you short;y need to turn or balance - like with toilets are dangerous. I will be happy if the dangerous period is over and I am allowed to use the leg again,…., and not only for the usual reasons….

12 Likes

4 Likes