The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I can explain.

The XPSDR and 555 both provide analogue (22V) and digital voltages (15V digital, 10V DAC) to the 272.

When you remove the link plug the external power supply is the only source of power to both analogue and digital circuitry within the 272.

With an NPX it’s the same, except naim have changed polarities of voltage slightly and split the 10/15V feeds onto a separate burndy from the analogue rails.

This is all in the product manuals.

2 Likes

Ok, gotcha, I misunderstood the comments. I thought there was some reason that wasn’t the case with the 272. So it’ll be interesting to see if the 555PS has a better SQ impact on the 222 versus the 300.

1 Like

It seems there are a lot of people in this forum not interested in music at all….only in sound quality……funny to read……

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s weird that people want their music to sound good.

4 Likes

Thank you in the end I had the new 250 and sold my 250dr new one is great .

1 Like

Interestingly there are those that seem to want to portray themselves as having authoritative opinions, but are exposed as using clever sounding BS and blag instead. Not having even heard the equipment being discussed. Then challenge those who have actually listened and formed opinions.
People Funny Boy - Lee Scratch Perry
:wink:

13 Likes

Thank you for that. With all the bickering in this thread, I forgot to enjoy myself :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost as if this discussion is in the HiFi Corner rather than the Music Room.

1 Like

At present it is living up to my expectations :blush:

2 Likes

At the moment I am delighted I bought mine early days to put it in to words but as the days go by it just gets better ! from a Nova /250 its quite incredible :grinning:
Another way to put it is the Nova and 250dr got sold for about 5.5k new 3 box is 17 K sound quality improvement well justifies the additional expenditure.

4 Likes

And compared to 272?

1 Like

I could not comment really, as the 272 was in a totally different system, which was 272,555 DR,300 DR & PMC Twenty5 26.

1 Like

Wow I never knew Scratch had lyrics about hifi, Dread! He was clever to get that lot to fit a riddim :laughing:

1 Like

I had a casual half hour today (I was dropping off my CDX2 for a service and new mech - whilst they are in stock) listening to the 222/300/250 through some Kudos S10’s. I thought it sounded wonderful. Particularly impressed with the bass. If I were being very picky I’d say the high frequencies were ‘energetic’ (might be the S10’s based on other Kudos speakers I have heard) - might be a bit too much for extended listening. It is the 250 that is of interest to me - but I think I will wait for the new pre-amps to arrive then have a serious demo. Based on what I heard today I think a pre/300/250 might be difficult to resist.

4 Likes

The 6.999€ for the nsc222 is still not enough profit for keeping labour in the UK? Shame on you!

3 Likes

Strange, that was unexpected! :flushed::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Some on this thread have forecast a price decrease on old Classic series as the new ones come out. I wonder if that happened when the Classic series replaced the Olive.

1 Like

Well, if it’s just about music only, a sonos and some ceiling speakers would do, as it does for me at home.

You know what they say, “audiophiles listen to their system” instead of the music :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.
I also have to remind myself over and over again that’s it’s the music (and the OCD in me to have it sound a little nicer) that matter, over the system.

4 Likes

You may have misunderstood here - the existing labour is staying in the UK, it’s finding additional labour and capacity flexibility that has been difficult, hence why Naim has arranged for one of their existing production partners in the EU to step in to help make up the shortfall with the high projected demand for the new kit.

Rather than divert this thread through, there’s this one that’s worth reading if you have a spare few days…

5 Likes

I’ve removed a few posts. Let’s stick to the topic please.

14 Likes