The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

“….552 into 350…”

La la la la, fingers in ears, I’m not listening.

G

5 Likes

Yes, yes, yes please…

1 Like

Ha ha, yes, I shouldn’t have watched that too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience :smile:

1 Like

I’m thinking seriously about replacing my 300DR with a pair of 350s. Am I correct in thinking that the existing SL din to xlr mono leads will also be compatible with the new 350 mono configuration?

No. the new NAPs use balanced XLR inputs as opposed to the single ended ones used on the NAP300/500.

If you’re using an older generation pre-amp then you’ll need the following cables:

Lead Assembly, Legacy Preamp DIN to New Classic PA XLR, Left Channel, 4 pin DIN to XLR 00-010-0244
Lead Assembly, Legacy Preamp DIN to New Classic PA XLR, Right Channel, 4 pin DIN to XLR 00-010-0244

(2 Unique Cables needed)

2 Likes

Ok thanks Richard.

If the 333 is anything like the NDX2 it will function perfectly as a high quality transport, with analogue out disabled.

I recall on another thread naim said a transport only box wouldn’t really be any cheaper since it would be a 333/NDX2 minus 1 PCB and all costs are absorbed in R&D etc.

And make it CB so it matches the Nait 50.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard,
One more question.
Can the 300px be added the NDX2 like a XPS2?

EDIT: answered by Jason in the video linked above, the NDX2 can accept the new 300px.

.sjb

Well you can cut the ND5XS2 in half then which starts cheaper and contains practically the same streaming part… :wink: A shoebox case should also be a tad cheaper than the full width. Plus (and more importantly), I only have half a Fraimlite shelf available for future upgrades. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And the transformer will be a lot smaller.

Thanks for the reply.

Would there be any way of using the new amps active with say SL2’s, DBL’s or 808’s?

Could you use a new 250 on each channel? For example 2x new 250. Or is there any way to use two pairs of new 350’s?

1 Like

Thanks Richard.
I’m guessing these will be a special order from Naim. I’ve had a look but can’t see a price anywhere. Could you point me at it please?

Cheers

G

On Signals website
7. Lead Assembly, Legacy Preamp DIN to New Classic PA XLR, Left Channel, 4 pin DIN to XLR 00-010-0244
Price: $299.00 €299.00 £259.00
Lead Assembly, Legacy Preamp DIN to New Classic PA XLR, Right Channel, 4 pin DIN to XLR 00-010-0244

Price: $299.00 €299.00 £259.00 (2 Unique Cables needed)

1 Like

Yes, it should be possible with the appropriate leads unless they cause instability of some kind when used on the SNAXO - best asked of Naim here.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks.

G

Thanks again, if you were using one of the new pre amps or pre amp streamer you’d be able to use two new 250’s ??? One on the left channel and one on the right, is that correct but you wouldn’t be able to go any further as in you wouldn’t be able to active three way.

Amazing interview and insights with the legendary Jason Gould!

7 Likes

Maybe I should approach my dealer to demo both NSC222 and NSS333 against my ND5XS2 + nDAC setup… :thinking: or maybe I really shouldn’t :face_with_peeking_eye: