The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

I use Audirvāna on a Mac mini streaming Qobuz via the 222 as a upnp end point. Audirvāna studio app. Works a treat and quality is superb. Better than the Qobuz or Naim apps.

1 Like

Hi Claus , yes tidal max is good and I found out it also depends on the recordings … :sweat_smile: I tried 2 different recordings of the same artiste, one sucks , both are max (hi res) I had no access to quobuz, sigh , but tidal max and MQA works for me … :wink:

Am surprise that naim has no access to tidal max/MQA … being such a capable streamer …

1 Like

Hi … when I demoed the NC 300 series , my dealer are using Isotek power cord and cables , no bad … but have you listened to them yet ? If no, better have a demo … thanks :blush:

When I plug in another cable makes ( see my profile) it brings out the 300s to another level -more wow , with the same tracks between the 2 makes … so I chose the the makes which I am having now. AGAIN , you need to demo yourself , my preference sound may not be yours . Enjoy ur NC :wink:

On Naim’s lack of MQA support, here’s Naim staff on the topic

1 Like

Yup I read it … thanks :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Qobuz is much better SQ for me here in the states but I haven’t compared in a while so maybe it’s different now. Their app is better too. Add in a sublime sub where I can buy perfect hifi rips and get a military discount makes it a no brainer for me.

1 Like

Hi … So I have heard … hopefully one day , I have access to it, at least 2 providers to listen to :pray:t2:

Does anyone have any idea when the software correction for the NAC332 balance issue will be released? This is the one whereby the balance control on the remote and LED indication on 332 volume control show the same direction but the opposite speaker is affected. For example, adjust balance towards right speaker but actually the left speaker gets louder.

Seems like a very valid question, indeed. Does this affect all NAC332’s - inc new units…? Or just some older ones…?

Perhaps @Richard.Dane or @110dB could comment on this…?

I have no issue with the left/right that you mentioned :thinking:

Not sure what I could say here, so probably one for @110dB

1 Like

I thought that it applied to all 332s. Let’s see if @110dB responds with some information.

Dare I ask if you have your XLRs hooked up correctly, R to R and L to L same for speakers. The outputs on the NC are opposite of the OC. Not sure if that would matter or not.

1 Like

Yes, a perfectly valid question and yes the right out of the 332 goes to the 350 that powers the right speaker and vice versa.

1 Like

Last I heard from my dealer they hadn’t received any info on the fix. I believe it was just an issue on some of the 332’s and not all of them.

Maybe this help , power down one of your 350 and see which side the speakers sings

1 Like

@Bjm

Yes, done that as well.

1 Like