The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

It fits on a Fraim Lite with the A5 cables.

1 Like

Thanks Peter

It’s going to be a long three months waiting until comparisons with original Classic can be made…

1 Like

3 months will soon pass :sweat_smile:

Just enjoy the music through your very nice setup for the time being.

1 Like

And you too sir :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations to all at Naim. These products look amazing imo and I’m sure will sound just as good. Looks like your R&D has certainly been working very hard over the last few years :clap:

1 Like

G/Gsus4 - I woke up this morning…

And it struck me that as this new 333 Streamer has a built in PSU with the forthcoming SN5 (we might assume) there will be a near perfect high end 2 box system?

1 Like

222 + 250/3 ???

3 Likes

Yeah equally.

I’m getting mixed up with the 222/333/332/223 numbers.
I guess it doesn’t matter as I’m not intending on buying any of them.

Mind you, the Naim website is confused too; the npx300 is included in the 200 series components.

3 Likes

I’m with you Richard on source as priority

With regards to the NAC 332 preamp, once Harry has in demo I can’t wait to hear as stand alone and then see what the 300PS will add

That’s a big step forward for Naim , if one’s source is top notch then maybe can live without the 300PS

2 Likes

Having reflected on what we’ve seen from the 300 series so far it does start me wondering what more there is/could there be.

Looking at the 333 the analogue output stage is much changed from previous nDAC/NDS/NDX2. Also there’s a stacking arrangement of PCBs. I wonder if a 333 on steroids could remove transformer (so NPX mandatory) and with the free space introduce chassis suspension and caging a la NDS, with more inter board isolation. Perhaps a different analogue stage, but maybe you can’t easily improve what is there when using balanced connection. With new naim innovations perhaps none of this this would improve SQ.

A bit of the same philosophy for a 332 on steroids. Lose the transformer and headphone sections, split PCBs out a bit like in 252. After all the 252 was much like the 282 except it had these sort of optimisations and closer component selection.

I wonder if we’ll see anything like this, or if “that’s it” for the 300 series since with NPXs added naim believe that’s as good as it gets with the current architectures, and the next big bang will be the 500 replacements.

3 Likes

I reckon that’s it baby for the 300 series

What more would anyone want - it just gets too confusing

4 Likes

Yes I think you’re right.

Simple hierarchy, easy upgrade with NPX.

Job done, everyone moves onto 500 R&D!

2 Likes

Yeh!
a supernait at 500 level!

1 Like

My musings on the 300 series make me think an NC nait is likely to follow.

NC nait (NPX as upgrade option)?
222/250
333/332/350

Simple hierarchy.

1 Like

Sept for normal sales? But sooner than that for Home demos?

1 Like

Yes potentially Iain agree

1 Like

I guess that’s an artifact of the NPX300 being released „early“ vs. the rest of the 300s. And ey now just added the new stuff.
So they may want to move within in the web page; or maybe show it on both. (Since it can be used in either series.)

1 Like

Yes agree Phillip

Maybe they just have a NPX200 PS to make it simple and be done with it. Or maybe a 200 PS wouldn’t give enough oomph for the 222 ?

When they get around to the 500 series I assume there will be a NPX500 PS