The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

So enjoy it and don’t unbalance it.

.sjb

6 Likes

Both possible but does NC250 fit on Fraim with NACA5 is my question? Thanks

Hi Richard,

My NDX2 and Naim 300 DR are only 3 years old, and I am happy with these products. I was thinking about changing the 282 and Hi cap DR to the 252 with SC dr.

But do you think it is possible to place the new NAC 332 pre amp with the NPX 300 in a system with my 300 DR and NDX2? And do you think, if possible, the NAC 332 with NPX 300 would be an upgrade in comparison with the 282 or even 252?

So the system would be:

Preamplifier: NAC 332
PC on the preamp: NPX 300
Streamer: NDX 2
power amplifier: 300 DR

Greeting, Michael

Glad to hear Stevesky confirm my assertion that Naim is evolving with its use of PS and achieving better SQ with fewer boxes.

Obviously you are comparing NC with older stuff.

I can make a comparison without inferring equivalence which is your claim not mine. The old classic three box separate system that could be compared is not one I would call equivalent. Different price points and different tech.

Oh. Ok, so you’re comparing things that aren’t equivalent.

Exactly, Naim have simplified their product offering and in doing so have changed the hierarchy of their products. I think finding analogous comparisons would be a challenge. We’re not comparing a 252 to a 52 here.

1 Like

I would go 252/SC and put the cost difference with the new classic gear into a 555 PS on the NDX2. That would be a high end balanced system. In fact, I would be adding the PS to the NDX2 before anything else.

8 Likes

That’s a good plan for those wanting 5 boxes. I’m happy to have 3 and 4 box options I didn’t have before and at an improved SQ.

1 Like

Yes, I think I’m suggesting that 300’s in a system that doesn’t have the PS on the streamer will be unbalanced - the 300’s exposing the limitations of the source.

Theoretically off course, not having compared them :sunglasses:

Yeah that remains to be seen but my logic would be the same, a 300 is better used on the 333. I’m curious how good a 333/332/250 sound though. Should be interesting. I’ll likely go the 222 route when I finally do, I don’t want to be tempted to add a fourth box. But maybe that’ll change at some point.

1 Like

In theory they should be a significant upgrade over the 282/HicaoDR and at least on par with the 252/SCDR.

I don’t think @Richard.Dane has heard the 300 Series yet.

1 Like

Because people here are reporting that the dealers are saying they expect to have units in September.

It makes clear, with these new 300 series, that Naim and Focal (or Focal and Naim) current not go into Active Speakers…

My guess is a limited edition Aro or shoebox streamer :smiley:

Even the sky is challenged by the change in lights from green to white.

I do not remember in total, but I think the Easter-egg Steve referred to was inside nait50. Someone recognized that 25 watts x2 is 50 and Steve pointed out, that there is something else, and in a day or two anyone will notice.

New aro …. Would love it ! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Supernait 4 anytime soon ?

2 Likes

I’ve only heard the NPX300 on the NSC222 with the NC NAP250.

Michael, I’m sure that’s possible, although as I’m someone who understands the critical importance of the source, I would suggest you might wish to explore upping the ante there first, either by trying a power supply on the NDX2 or even going all-in on an ND555.

FWIW, I haven’t yet heard the new NAC332, let alone made any kind of comparisons. However, with dealers receiving demo units soon, I’m sure you’ll be able to arrange a demo with your own dealer of the options open to you here.

2 Likes