The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Will there be any additional new product launches this year?

My experience with naim is you don’t get anywhere near their maximum performance without external power hooked up. That raise the total significantly.

4 Likes

At least all the new boxes work off their own supplies in the mean time, that has to be a + surely.
There’s also more products/ranging to come for those able and willing to go further, they’ve not touched the 500 Series yet as one obvious example.

1 Like

The manual shows no connection inputs for a psu on the 350.

A taster from Munich

18 Likes

There isn’t one. It’s not upgradable, like all Naim power amps.

1 Like

…and how did it sound? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Given the pricing, anyone wishing they’d held fire on their 200 series purchase I wonder?

G

3 Likes

Sharing via my close friend who’s in the music publishing industry and at the show in Munich. He said it sounded pretty awesome, not sure if he was listening to the Encanto Soundtrack when he formulated that judgement :joy:

1 Like

I was wondering that.

It strikes me that the new streamer, pre and 250 will make a cracking 3 box system with potential to upgrade.

The biggest surprise to me is that the pre amp has a power supply.

6 Likes

Well, the DAC-section is changed including the clocks. And this years price change in the NDX2 should be taken into account. They also needed a change to be compatible with the NPX300. But you are right, it looks a bit like a filler - maybe they are working on something. Or it actually sound very good :slight_smile:

Personally I dont want another big fat preamp (how long before the 50-year anniversary edition of the 72?) but for me the 350s looks worth start saving up for - perfect for my LS3/5a:s. They love powerful amps.

1 Like

I would counter that with the thought that within this Naim fan base, the prices may not seem out of reach…but we are talking £8k for a streamer and the same again for a pre-amp…add a NC250 and suddenly it’s close to £21k for a single source plus pre-power.

Not small fry money and it seems that Naim is certainly pitching itself to a more affluent market??

5 Likes

I have just seen that the new NAP 350 is 175 watts each. Wow!

I wonder if, when Naim renews the integrated amps, might we see an integrated reach or top 100 watts?

1 Like

Here we go again….:blush:

Interesting that it looks like the MM loading on both the NAIT 50 and NVC TT is 100 pF, but on the NSC222 it is 470 pF (if I’ve read all the specs correctly!)

3 Likes

What are the expected life span of these items before a service is needed ?
Are they going to hum ?

1 Like

It’s still £22k for that set up as opposed to £12k for a 222/250

2 Likes

It may be more peripherial updates: integration with the “system automation” (the optical cables, sync’ing power state and LED brightsness also to NAPs, …) and the new power supply. Next to adjusting the look.
Figure in some inflation and “internal improvements”. That would fit?

My preamp doesn’t hum.
Has the service life not already been addressed with the 200 series?

1 Like

Seems like NSS333, NAC332, NAP250 will only be marginally more expensive than NSC222, NAP250, NPX300 and probably the first combo sounds best, even without external PU…

3 Likes