The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Same for me…

I have the desire to buy the NC 250 . Don’t know when for now. But I wonder if the balanced cable will fit in my Ear 912 ? Normally, but I want to be sure.

Looks standard and should he absolutely fine? (the ones on the EAR look like very good quality btw)

Here is what the HE looks like and a standard XLR that connects it to the 250NC

1 Like

Thanks for the link. That will be useful!

I must have picked up the same reference. I played this track in the demo room and their reaction was ‘oh, the hippo track’.

Who is going to get to him first, I wonder.

1 Like

He’s already confirmed he will look at it tomorrow morning for me (he was coming anyway)

1 Like

Looks like we’ve probably got this sorted already but I will confirm with most, couple digital copies as well as 3 different vinyl copies, all drums on the left.

1 Like

So for the folks not hearing the instruments in the correct position, is it as simple as the channel/speaker connections getting reversed? Or is it more complicated than that?

Check with your dealer. IIRC some early units may possibly have gone out without a FW update so the balance is opposite. If that’s the issue then should be easily updated by your dealer.

I think it’s just the speaker cables connected the wrong way round. Just one of those things

1 Like

You seem to have alighted on just about the most complex bit of the piece there. If I had the 332/300 combination wired up I think I’d be able to say straight off, but I can’t be sure listening to the 333/300.

Thanks. Will do.

Yup, or in the case of the 350 the connectors reversed. A simple fix is all that is needed.

2 Likes

Yes. Listening to it right now: drums, sax, bass, piano from left to right.

1 Like

Gotcha, wasn’t sure since you needed to call your dealer. I assume you’re able to switch the connections.

Yes I can switch them but Pete is coming tomorrow anyway so he can fix his mistake :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

For clarification, could you please advise which version of the firmware contains the fix? Thanks in advance @Richard.Dane .

SORG hosting 300 series evening on the 29th Nov. Planning to get along :grinning:

My go to album to check if the speaker cables are wired correctly is
Branford Marsalis: Trio Jeepy
First song the trumpet should come from the left speaker.
Great album by the way.

1 Like