The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Today I went from NC 222/NVC TT/250 to 222/NVC TT/350(2). The 250 was really great. But, I agree the 350s are absolutely remarkable for all the reasons you mention. It may frankly be the best expression of music I’ve heard.

4 Likes

Good to hear someone’s experience on this set up. Am I right in thinking the phono stage is being powered by the 222 as well? Also, did you consider or listen to a separate PS for the 222 before deciding on going for the 350’s? I would love to hear more as they break in. Cheers

1 Like

Yes, the 222 powers the phono stage. I didn’t do the power supply. My perspective was for the money there was going to be far more gained by the headroom of the 350(s), than the power supply. I may add one someday but I’m more likely to swap the 222 for a 333/332. And frankly I don’t need it, the 222/350(2) is sublime. But, more likely, upgradeitis will get its hooks in me at some point and I’ll change the source/pre.

2 Likes

Honestly, the 350’s were the star of the show.
That good.

Sorry for late comment.
Just catching up on reading with this thread

KR
R

edit : subsequently seen you make a similar comment :+1:

3 Likes

Many thanks for your reply, very helpful, upgradeitis got me where I am today :grinning:
Enjoy your system.

1 Like

I bet it sounds great, the 222 on its own is formidable I bet the 350s really do it justice. Having a 555 in the mix now it’s doubtful I could go back to a bare 222. I hate that I’m considering adding another box to my setup but the NC options are compelling. Hmmm sell the 250 for 350(2) or sell 222/555 for 333/332…It’s not a bad place to be considering.

1 Like

My hifi budget is blown for the foreseeable so I’m going to try to ignore all the posts re the 350’s

3 Likes

Nice one :+1:

Monaural NAP 350’s first. My first view on monaural NAP 350’s were New Classic NAP 250 > NAP350’s using NSC222/NPX 300 -

09/11/23 -

Audio from monaural NAP 350’s appears from near silence.

NAP 350’s have the ability to convey enormous dynamics swings and best of all its all done at blistering speed. Audio starts and stops and back to near silence in an instant with no bloat or overhang. To experience this is uncanny and awesome because you’re consistently left thinking did this just happen?

Truly remarkable

Just to make sure no one miss out on this super post. AI spam?

Monaural NAP 350’s first. My first view on monaural NAP 350’s were New Classic NAP 250 > NAP350’s using NSC222/NPX 300 -

09/11/23 -

Audio from monaural NAP 350’s appears from near silence.

NAP 350’s have the ability to convey enormous dynamics swings and best of all its all done at blistering speed. Audio starts and stops and back to near silence in an instant with no bloat or overhang. To experience this is uncanny and awesome because you’re consistently left thinking did this just happen?

Truly remarkable

8 Likes

:slight_smile: argh, just when I was rekindling interest back to this thread!

Probably better remove all my pointless posts, but certainly not this one. We need to stay on message and just repeat “enough times” …

btw… do people think “appears from “near” silence is good enough? How about utter or total?
The rest is rather good!: )

Both pictures are of my Dad. The first when he was fourteen and the second when he was in his late twenties.

1 Like

Can you just explain to me since I don’t understand. Why are you reposting the identical post over and over again? What are your goals in doing such? If you want to convince people I would propose spending 30 seconds more making it bit more personal. After all, you want to convince people getting naim but I believe you are on the wrong path now since you just take peoples time reading same post over and over.

3 Likes

Sorry about my confusion earlier.

Truly remarkable, audio from the 350 appears like a lightning storm and disappears into dark black ground silence . The gigantic power and speed can produce a heart attack.
Be prepared ! You have never heard that.

5 Likes

I asked Chat GPT to rewrite it so it still feels fresh.

6 Likes

I had to google this, and I’m not convinced it’s the right word for a NAP350 mono block power amp :sunglasses:

I asked GPT about it.

“Monaural" refers to a sound system that uses a single channel for transmitting audio. In the context of the text you provided, “monaural NAP 350’s” likely refers to a monaural amplifier or audio equipment that operates with a single channel for audio reproduction. This is in contrast to stereo systems, which use two channels to create a sense of spatial audio by distributing sounds between the left and right speakers.

1 Like

I think I’ll stick with my stereo setup. Monos is so last century.

6 Likes

Aren’t the 350’s single channel rather than two channel monaural?

1 Like