The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Yeah, I have the 222 remote. The big disc with arrows doesn’t seem to do much of anything. Brings up or cancels the display is about it.

1 Like

I for one would like to hear your thoughts about the 333!

Richard,

Can you say more about these special order single-end Din-XLR cables?

I bought an ex-dem 552 + 552DR PS from a Naim dealer in May '23 and requested cables to go to balanced-input mono amps.I also spoke directly to Chord. Both recommended Chord Shawline cables. I duly bought these. In my view, they don’t work well between the non-handed Din-4 outputs on the 552PS and the handed + balanced XLR inputs on the mono amps.

Skyebridge

1 Like

I’ve not seen or used them so not sure what I could add that’s useful beyond what Naim have said.

As for the Chord cables, and why they didn’t work all for you, I couldn’t really say - one for Chord, I would say.

a touch sensitive disc? I did not even know about that, however if it has no real function I have not lost out here.

Not Richard but I’ve been using the Naim cables from 552 to 350s for 2 months with no problems. Obviously I can’t compare to other products but have no itch to try. Wonderful combination and a great step up from 300 ( non DR) also with standard Naim cables.

This is the remote I have which came with the 333:

and in case anybody asks, this is the one which came with the 332:

@Skyebridge - exactly what I use between a HiCap and the balanced inputs on my NC250. (2x DIN to XLR). They work very well so it’s not a Naim or Chord ‘issue’ per se, perhaps more of a case of you not liking the sound signature?

What!? Don’t be silly! No need to do that sort of nonsense.

1 Like

Hopefully Naim bring out an upgrade remote like a R-com ( slimmer and solid without all the plastic and unnecessary buttons. I swapped the innards of my 332 remote with the case of a ND555 remote and this is the result. Just wish I could find a way to control my Linn streamer and CD player. Maybe a zigbee to ir converter if there’s such a thing ?

2 Likes

That 332 remote looks like a piece of crap, with the presumably non functioning centre circle. If I’d paid nearly £8,000 for a 332 I wouldn’t be happy. Surely Naim could make a little more effort? More than none at all shouldn’t be difficult.

10 Likes

The remote certainly isn’t the most endearing feature of the product. And you’re right, the circle does absolutely zilch.

4 Likes

I’ve got 3-5 Naim remotes and never (or hardly ever) use them. I find the app the easiest way to control things. However I do agree the remote is a bit of a let down I’ve bought much cheaper stuff that had a better remote.

2 Likes

It’s better than it looks in the pictures, I like it but it is a bit lightweight, I preferred the Narcom 5, but all I use it for is the volume anyway. I’d rather they spent the money on the actual box, which they clearly have!

If I want to get a demo of the new NAP 350s how would I connect them to my 552 – there are Naim cables they’ve made for this (?) I assume.

Hear No Evil

2 Likes

Yes they make a pair of 4pin DIN to XLR’s.

I must be a simpleton as I actually like the remote. I like how it shows the volume level.

13 Likes