The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

When the 332 lands I’ll be at Harry’s

I’m interested to see if the one box 332 is on a par or better than the 2 box 252/SCDR

Doesn’t matter what forum members say or reviewers for that matter or even the Naim marketing blurb. It’s up to my ears🫡

If it’s on a par or better then I could pull the trigger as opportunity to drop a box

But frankly separate PS’s are a big part of the Naim DNA so I have my doubts

3 Likes

222/555 beats it all day long as long as you’re asking. You’d have to put a 555 on the NDX2 and even then it’s the OC signature so not really worth the effort. The NC has redefined the Naim hierarchy so it’s no surprise really.

Who would have thought.

3 Likes

I know right, all these years I could never get that itch scratched and now I’m satiated.

Well, the reason I still own OC gear is because I compared it against NC and preferred what I have.

Funny that

2 Likes

You’ve got a lovely deal on those 3 Nigel.

Just seen the set of three boxes for similar money. Looks like lightly used examples are hitting the market.

And your system looks stunning. Glad you’re pleased with it all.

It’s quite a big reduction on original price.

Be interesting to see what happens with prices on all Naim kit.

1 Like

The 332/300 is well above the 252/SCDR. I’m 3 months in and it still surprises me.

The beguiling nature of the New Classics doesn’t show up well in quick demos at the store/home in my opinion. It’s when you explore your music collection and find everything is a new adventure.

5 Likes

Be good if you can hear the 332 with your LP12 and the NC250 as well.

1 Like

No not at all, it was generally accepted that Naim simply lost the plot after the chrome bumper series

Indeed Dan

My dealer Harry has the other 40th anniversary LP12 Klimax ( only 2 came into Australia) on his demo floor so yes can do the comparison also , should be a bit of fun

1 Like

What a rubbish comment that is mate - hope that was in jest :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grinning:

I agree these NC boxes warm up nicely though mine sounded really good out of the box. The NC character is there but after several days of running the character really comes into focus. In previous years I would get a new box and I didn’t get that oh yeah moment and kept hoping it would come after days of burning in. The good thing is there is plenty of enjoyment to go around. OC owners have lots of opportunities to upgrade with newly discounted inventory. It’s all good.

You’ll enjoy the sound. Let’s see what happens. I have got used to them now. I have been in and out of dealers alot since July and listened to the NCs a fair bit. Try the 350s as well. You may walk out with 332 and 2 x 350s. Loose a bix and gain one back!

Yes it was, but my little system in a very decent room is putting to shame my OC big system in a really crap room. I just wish it was simple to beam the boxes over :frowning:

I do enormously enjoy my NC system as it keeps improving (now upgrading some interconnects too) … But … if I knew the Nait 50 would sound so good in my setup(s) as I am experimenting with it right now, and if starting with the NC now - in my not too large listening space, with my speakers - I might have just gone for the 333 + Nait 50. Similar simplicity with only one big box, and with a similar (?) integrated phono stage, slightly better source/DAC (presumably) and that little cheeky groovy amp!: )
… And I might still do that at some point?? In a way I’ve been trying to do it previously with the Nait 2 in an attempt to wake and jazz the OC sound up a bit but the Nait 2 could never quite do it in my main system.
Having said that, I am still to set up a home demo to compare the phonos of the NSC222 with that in the Nait 50 and also see how it all sounds with an added NVC TT?

5 Likes

Funny you mention the 333/nait 50 combo garçon

I’m currently using the Nait 50 with the ndx2 and I quite amazed at the SQ I must say

Now if the 333 is better than the ndx2 - well then :grinning::grinning::grinning: !!!

2 Likes

If you like the Nait 50, you might like the 333 too!:upside_down_face:

Stop it !!! :grinning::grinning::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

I bet that little Nait sounds good. I don’t why but I prefer the little Naits over the SN’s for overall sound character.

1 Like

Considering that Naim has partially shifted the sound ideal with the new series, it’s not surprising, is it?:person_shrugging: