The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Cat snake cable is very good. Made a good improvement on my system and have gone full loom from the fibre router box.

DG…

1 Like

A review of the 350s and the NVC TT & NPX TT

Briefly, they are impressed. BTW the link has dot before com replaced with the word and spaces.

4 Likes

That’s seems to be a poor link, my browser won’t open it.

Sorry, I took out the dot before com and replaced it with the word dot as I am never sure which links we are allowed to share. I keep getting told off about this so being cautious. Will amend my post to make it clearer.

2 Likes

It’s a legitimate review site and a review of Naim kit so I’ll allow it. I’ve edited the link accordingly.

4 Likes

Well then they should know the lead singer of
T. Rex is Marc Bolan, not T rex.:man_shrugging:

Interestingly they used Kimber Kable loudspeaker cable, which I thought was a No-No with Naim amplifiers.

DG…

I certainly wouldn’t use it after my experience trying some 8TC on my old NAP250.2.

My understanding is that NC kit is more forgiving about cables. Not that I would use it, NACA5 works well with my system.

2 Likes

I don’t think that rule applies to NC gear.
This is from the 350 manual on cable length:

Unlike some earlier Naim designs, we do not mandate a minimum speaker cable length, but would still suggest you avoid sub-2m lengths.

Obvious changes in the NC amp design.

1 Like

Shhhhhh!

6 Likes

Exactly my own thoughts and experience, however, the little HiFi goblin continues to whisper in my ear about Linn’s Seletk one box solution and their whizzy DAC’s :pensive:.

ATB, J

3 Likes

I am about to add nc250 to replace the 250dr with my nc222. The nc300 will have to wait until next year

Not really interested in Linn anything (apart from my lp12)

2 Likes

The NC250 over the 250DR was a much bigger upgrade than I expected. Bass depth and control, more articulate mids with multitracked voices become easier to distinguish and wider imaging were what I noticed first if I remember correctly. I was very happy with the upgrade. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

2 Likes

I agree on that, but however I found the NC 250 a bit leaner .

I went down that route, costly mistake on my part back with Naim, but each to their own :+1:

3 Likes

My observation is the NC is lean on noise and fat on music.

1 Like

Agree, particularly in an all balanced configuration. Adding an NPX300 to the 333 this weekend to give me a ‘Four pack’ into active PMC twenty.5 23i.

G

7 Likes

It’s funny you should say that, the more I consider my NC system and, more importantly, listen to it, the more I get the feeling that’s exactly what I would end up doing……

I often think that one becomes more focussed on achieving the change than actually understanding what said change might bring about. I guess buyer’s remorse is more commonplace than we may imagine.

ATB, J

2 Likes

I am very happy with my 222 250 set up, especially since removing the XPS-DR from the 222.
I just added a PhoenixNet switch as a replacement for the EE8 and that has made a subtle improvement to the soundstage. I don’t feel motivated to spend $8K on a 300 yet awhile - going to let all the new cables and stuff mature for several months. :sunglasses: :eyes:

4 Likes