The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

It fits on a Fraim Lite with the A5 cables.

1 Like

Thanks Peter

Itā€™s going to be a long three months waiting until comparisons with original Classic can be madeā€¦

1 Like

3 months will soon pass :sweat_smile:

Just enjoy the music through your very nice setup for the time being.

1 Like

And you too sir :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations to all at Naim. These products look amazing imo and Iā€™m sure will sound just as good. Looks like your R&D has certainly been working very hard over the last few years :clap:

1 Like

G/Gsus4 - I woke up this morningā€¦

And it struck me that as this new 333 Streamer has a built in PSU with the forthcoming SN5 (we might assume) there will be a near perfect high end 2 box system?

1 Like

222 + 250/3 ???

3 Likes

Yeah equally.

Iā€™m getting mixed up with the 222/333/332/223 numbers.
I guess it doesnā€™t matter as Iā€™m not intending on buying any of them.

Mind you, the Naim website is confused too; the npx300 is included in the 200 series components.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you Richard on source as priority

With regards to the NAC 332 preamp, once Harry has in demo I canā€™t wait to hear as stand alone and then see what the 300PS will add

Thatā€™s a big step forward for Naim , if oneā€™s source is top notch then maybe can live without the 300PS

2 Likes

Having reflected on what weā€™ve seen from the 300 series so far it does start me wondering what more there is/could there be.

Looking at the 333 the analogue output stage is much changed from previous nDAC/NDS/NDX2. Also thereā€™s a stacking arrangement of PCBs. I wonder if a 333 on steroids could remove transformer (so NPX mandatory) and with the free space introduce chassis suspension and caging a la NDS, with more inter board isolation. Perhaps a different analogue stage, but maybe you canā€™t easily improve what is there when using balanced connection. With new naim innovations perhaps none of this this would improve SQ.

A bit of the same philosophy for a 332 on steroids. Lose the transformer and headphone sections, split PCBs out a bit like in 252. After all the 252 was much like the 282 except it had these sort of optimisations and closer component selection.

I wonder if weā€™ll see anything like this, or if ā€œthatā€™s itā€ for the 300 series since with NPXs added naim believe thatā€™s as good as it gets with the current architectures, and the next big bang will be the 500 replacements.

3 Likes

I reckon thatā€™s it baby for the 300 series

What more would anyone want - it just gets too confusing

4 Likes

Yes I think youā€™re right.

Simple hierarchy, easy upgrade with NPX.

Job done, everyone moves onto 500 R&D!

2 Likes

Yeh!
a supernait at 500 level!

1 Like

My musings on the 300 series make me think an NC nait is likely to follow.

NC nait (NPX as upgrade option)?
222/250
333/332/350

Simple hierarchy.

1 Like

Sept for normal sales? But sooner than that for Home demos?

1 Like

Yes potentially Iain agree

1 Like

I guess thatā€™s an artifact of the NPX300 being released ā€žearlyā€œ vs. the rest of the 300s. And ey now just added the new stuff.
So they may want to move within in the web page; or maybe show it on both. (Since it can be used in either series.)

1 Like

Yes agree Phillip

Maybe they just have a NPX200 PS to make it simple and be done with it. Or maybe a 200 PS wouldnā€™t give enough oomph for the 222 ?

When they get around to the 500 series I assume there will be a NPX500 PS