The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

well done! looking really good, i wanna see inside!lol

It all looks very stylish, might the 350s tempt me to replace my 135s?
What does the remote out do on the pre-amp?

It all looks very special indeed. Amazing stuff Naim!

Although I note that the new NAIT 50 tips a hat to the original NAIT by still having the old speaker output orientation;

6 Likes

All looks very tempting it’ll be interesting to see how they’re priced in Australia/NZ.

2 Likes

I continue to love this new direction from Naim. As I said on the NC200 series thread, it’s really renewed my interest in the brand. Thank you and congrats on the product release - sure that represents years of hard work from the whole team.

1 Like

Yes, room to grow) and cherish the moments

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the 500 range.

I love the fact that the new Nait stays true to the original design. Although think it’s great idea that the new one don’t. Nice touch.

1 Like

are a pair of NAP350’s more powerful than a NAP500???

Looking forward to listen at the new kit in Munich, while it’s always difficult to compare it to the previous kit as different speakers, show conditions and no real A-B comparison. But compliments to Naim taking things into the new era. I am looking forward to the new 500 level devices as well, while I am not sure if I will ever have the ability to trade up.

3 Likes

You’d probably find it cheaper to sell up and move to the UK than upgrade there!

4 Likes

That’s my upgrade dreaming sorted for the next decade, a cup of tea before the comparison/listening demo threads appear :partying_face::control_knobs::man_dancing:

1 Like

Just checking my understanding of the 350. These are self powered monoblocs, no option or need to use separate power supplies?

Second question is compatibility with the existing 552?

2 Likes

In my system, the NAP 350 would be the only logical upgrade, but it will literally be 4 times the price I paid last year for a used NAP 300 DR. I suppose in 10 years time, used New Classic will be hitting the market.

1 Like

Correct, they are self powered Monobloc amps - so one per channel.

They can be used with a NAC552 using the appropriate interconnects (I assume same as NC NAP250).

2 Likes

From the pictures, it’s a straight plug in off the DIN on the 552 PS to the XLR leads on the 350 (which are the same as on the 300?).

Have you got room we don’t eat much but I’d lock up your liquor cabinet just in case. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes I’m similar but always intended to go the next step to a 500DR until the price rise. The 2x350 will be the test against the 500DR.

6 Likes

Me too Mike the 350s very tempting, I need lotto to swap the lot though.

3 Likes