The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Input 8 (5 pin DIN) has line level outputs mirroring the currently selected source. Note that
when this input is selected the source connected will be mirrored, so beware of feedback
loops if using a recording source.

From the manual. I think that means “yes”!

Didn’t NDX2 use PMC1792?

1791 was in ND5XS2

4 Likes

I’m sure details will follow, and I expect it’s the same new tech that’s in the NSC222. I think you need to try the NSS 333 into your NDS, with and without an nDAC :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Correct, wrong information shared by another member in this forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the NDX2 and NSS 333 seem to have the same specs, but different output options to match the NAC352.

Yes so it’s not just a re-box of NDX2, there is a decent amount of tech change under the hood. Great to see.

Thanks Neil.

Is there?

1 Like

Doesn’t seem much of a change digital wise between the 222 & the 333.

Mind you I have been up since 6 AM in the UK working.

1 Like

Balanced connections for a start…

However we only use NDX2 as transport so not remotely interested in 333, having already split transport and DAC last year!

I can understand your “is there” comment. Different DAC chip but streaming board, DSP etc. all look of a muchness with previous offering.

Will be interesting to see how analogue section performs I guess, but we don’t use that half :laughing:

2 Likes

Or two if you’re feeling flush. I imagine you tried it during development.

I’ve been up since 4am driven 7 hours for a meeting in Sydney and it’s now 9pm, none of it making sense to me. :grin:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call that a decent amount though :slight_smile: The core of it being the ND800 streaming board is the same as in ND5XS2, NDX2, ND555. I guess they save tones of work doing it like that with support for all platforms, certifications etc. DAC is same as NDX2. No idea about all other analogue and digital differences but them not talking about it at all makes me think it is to a high degree an NDX2 in different packaging.

1 Like

Yes I edited my previous reply, I’m not disagreeing.

Mostly a reshell.

1 Like

We did try, it wasn’t the original design intent.

The larger Burndy socket (typical used for digital circuits) has the inter-product coms signals. These are not replicated on the smaller Burndy. Therefore if two PSUs are used the synchronisation features will not work (lights and standby)

1 Like

Those NAP 350 look absolutely fantastic. I can wait to hear them in all their glory. Shame I’d need 6 of them for my active system, but the configuration really lends itself for integration with other brands pre amps.

I’m interested in this, I’ll track down where you discuss it in another thread tomorrow. Heading to bed now.

As the Nds was a 300 series and has the suspended sub chassis, I am glad to own it . Perhaps for only UPNP streaming the Nds is still superior to the NSS 333….

1 Like

Not really - NDS wasn’t part of any “300 series”, it was Naim’s flagship network player at the time.

1 Like

The DAC is not the same. The NDX2 uses the 1792. The 333 uses the inferior 1791.

2 Likes