The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Naim only use a part of it, so maybe that’s all that’s needed and no point in using a 1792. I’m sure @110dB can explain the choice here.

Hi @Ryder35,

It can, via the legacy Burndy lead :slight_smile:

Steve

4 Likes

There are internal photos of the 200 series. Are there any for the 300 series?

3 Likes

I’ve not seen any as yet.

they are referring to the fact that with this external PSU you can use the new phone stage with legacy NAC pre-amps that do not have the 18v power output needed to power the new phone stage via an 8-pin DIN as the new pre-amps do.

2 Likes

What about the NSS333 streamer. That would be a good start because I have an XPS

Ah, ok, that does make sense. Thank you!

Looking forward to some under the bonnet inside images.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Steve Sells era.
Can’t wait to listen to these new machines.
Thumbs up Steve👍 Amazing job.

4 Likes

Ok that’s the 3 Series done when’s it the Integrate amps turn.

2 Likes

Apologies if this has been covered but has anyone reported humming from the New Classic transformers? Or is that a thing of the past now.

1 Like

Hi Bert,
4 boxes if you don’t want optional power supplies.
I think the 4 box system in the official photoshoot looks exceptionally neat too.

YMMV.

Best regards, BF

Well done to all involved at Naim. The look of this series is a vast improvement over the previous series to my eyes. If I hadn’t already promised Mrs. G that I would not upgrade my amps once she retired (she is now retired), I could be seriously tempted to swap out my Olive system for these.

Oh damn, looks like a perfect four box solution for those tight on space … like myself … could get expensive!
They look fantastic, congrats!

Galvanic isolation…

What is the output impedance (XLR) of the NAC332 ? Will it pair well with active ATCs ?

Congratulations to Naim team for the successful launch and wonderful new products​:+1::+1::saluting_face:

Looking forward to a demo next November here where I live, when they will have the first hifi expo again since the pandemy.

Meantime, I’ll monitor this forum to see how good the new 333 perform compared to NDX2, how good the new 332 VS 552, and NAP350 VS 500. Geez, hope I won’t end up having another set of multiboxes Naim system :grimacing:

2 Likes

What I’m waiting for - could be a turning point for me Pete

The 300 series prices here will be nuts

1 Like

No transformer hum with my nsc 222 and nap 250nc. My 272 was also very quiet,but my 250dr had a slight hum.

4 Likes

@110dB - sorry Steve.