The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

What interconnect are you using between DAVE and Nait50? I am using a Hiline… which after everything settled in seems to do the biz.

Its an AR Lunar RCA to DIN from AR Sound. I purchased the cable a few years ago on the used market to go between my then Qutest - 282, its stuck around and performed well between the Dave - 552.

1 Like

I’ve made a simple grounding cable that I connect the ground binding post at the rear of the Nait 50 to the (through the plug earth) mains block where everything is connected. The system should be essentially absolutely silent, mine is. (I also have a similar hum without grounding)

1 Like

Have a full fat Powerline , in fact had it since Day 1, the few times I have listened without it , I soon went back

1 Like

Personally I’d go for a Powerline, reduces noise floor quieter delicate tracks I can pick out additional detail.
Nait 50 now running for 24 hours after returning to the main space is staying put, I’ve made the decision to sell the 500 kit. To me once you hook up a top end source / speakers this little amp delivers in spades I’m also detecting additional detail in certain tracks that I couldn’t detect previously.

From Naims website:-
Every part of the NAIT 50 has been redesigned. It is a ‘big box’ audiophile Naim integrated in a small box.

It reproduces the most exacting dynamics with all the confidence and authority we have come to expect from a Naim amplifier. It can be linked with all loudspeaker types, as well as a streamer, for the ultimate hi-fi system.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a wonderful day. After a leisurely walk around the local Christmas market, I put the new Nait50 and the ND5XS2 into operation. The sound is a big step up from the Uniti Atom I was using before. More resolution, clearer highs and more detail in all frequency ranges right out of the box. Now it is running in. But I like the sound and the power of the little Nait50 with nominally only 25 watts. It controls the Vienna Acoustics Hydn with ease. I think the combination is also superior to the Nova. I had heard the Nova once at my dealer in comparison to the Atom and I don’t remember the difference being that big. What’s next? I’m going to put the Nait 50 on a glass plate as well, following @Xanthe’s approach (Click here). At the moment everything is running with standard cables. I may try a better DIN cable and a better power cable. But at the moment I’m really enjoying the sound on a Sunday afternoon.

16 Likes

Special day!:slight_smile: Really happy to hear it has worked so well for you and such a significant upgrade and good system synergy!

It’s also amazing how well the ND5XS2 and the Nait 50 sit together on a stand (I think actually better than my HE and Nait 50 although technically closer to each other in shape and size).

1 Like

Me too, sometimes i’m toying with the idea to sell the 500 rig, ( bar CD 555) now that i have active IBL’s which i like so much

Oh stop it all of you! :wink: I keep wondering if I should have got a Nait 50 instead of my 282/250dr/hc in my office / study. I remember when I connected my uq to the mission 70s (my first speakers bought 1985) before lending them to my nehphew and it was such a boogie fest!

C’mon Tim you know you want to and getting harder to find (you won’t be disappointed).

1 Like

Next when I get a chance, I am planning to try the Nait 50 in my main system with the Martens, just giving the N50 a bit more run in time and waiting for a good day with nothing better to do over the break, should be fun.
Will the NC250 stay?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Stop it :joy:

I may have to duck for cover but i can see the Nait 50 driving your 808s :grin: ND555 2x 555 as source, wow, wonder what that would sound like?

Interesting indeed.
Wonder if I think the same solution for my separate boxes ?

Oh and a nice picture above, with cable lifters remind me I already have some of these in the garage - thanks.

Thanks @garcon for your response. It‘s a very good idea to test the Nait50 with the Marten Oscar‘s. I like the Martens very much. I could hear them at my dealer two times and they are amazing. I am very interested in your impressions…. Nice Sunday

1 Like

So far I use my Nait50 with HE as source. Can I securely replace the HE with my NSC222 and throttle the gain/ volume the same way?

Hi @garcon , sorry if this sounds stupid but is there only one wire in this, terminating at the plugs earth pin?
And can this idea be used for any ‘earthing’ need?
I’ve no hum from my N50 but it’s just the idea/solution that I want to ‘file away’ in case of need later!

Yes, here just for the avoidance of any misunderstanding

This has helped me in other setup too e.g. Rega ground their TTs through the RCAs but it has not always worked for me all that well and grounding additionally the phono or preamp has helped.

@Stover - yes, the 222 would work exactly the same way as the HE with the Nait 50.

2 Likes

Cheers @garcon very clear :+1:

1 Like

I’m thinking much the same with regards to selling my 282 Hi Cap DR 250Dr set up which I haven’t used since acquiring the Nait50. Just hesitating as maybe a cable upgrade from the stock Naim interconnects would tip the balance back to the separates, do not want to make any expensive mistakes!