The new NAIT XS3 & SUPERNAIT 3

To clarify, the suggested retail prices are £2199/€2699/$2999 for the NAIT XS3 and £3499/€4299/$4599 for the SUPERNAIT 3. Also, the UK and EU SRPs include VAT, but US prices – due to wide variation – are before sales tax.

1 Like

Are there 2 threads about the same topic?

https://www.stereonet.co.uk/news/naim-nait-xs3-and-supernait-3-launched

I see they are reaching out to the vinyl masses with these new models. Nice to see the ability to hook a record player up directly to them. Wonder what happens to anyone who bought a SN2 in June/July? I would guess they would prefer the new model!

2 Likes

There is no mention of the watts. I like that!

1 Like

These look like significant improvements over the current models, with significantly better power amps and I’m sure they’d make perfect partners to the ND5xs2 and NDX2.

It’s interesting that What hifi and various dealers have the news on their websites, yet Naim themselves do not, or not yet at least. It’s good that there was no silly teaser on the website that gets people in a froth for weeks before the launch. It’s just like the old days when products just appeared without warning.

What about nait 5si? No mentioning at all…

I got mine in mid April… No changes now, to avoid a divorce…

2 Likes

That is remaining unchanged. For now at least.

Maybe this is a precursor to the streamer/pre updates? Seems like the ‘classic’ style is here to stay for a good while yet with the new streamers and now these.

1 Like

Yes, it will be interesting to read the A/B comparisons once the reviews come out to know how that equates into sound quality. Needless to say, and of course without physic vision, I would have waited 3 months.

Now of course, what does that mean for the separates now… and the 272?

1 Like

I’ve wondered for a while how the 202 and 200 still soldier on, as sales seem very low. Maybe the SN3 will comprehensively beat them and lead to further rationalisation.

Assuming a new platform 272 appears at some point, the 272.2/250DR vs NDX2/SN3 comparison would be interesting.

5 Likes

Just so long as ‘everything has changed’ :wink::joy::joy::rofl:

I’m wishing Naim great success with these integrated amps.

well at least we can talk about it now! I held off on the SN2 / NDX2 deliberately but will go ahead now with the SN3

3 Likes

Yes, I remember your thread being deleted. Pull the trigger man!

2 Likes

Forum announcement can be read here:

Hmmm. I’d read it that Naim view the Muso as more important to their future than the traditional separates market. This is slightly concerning…

Which MM cartridge could be best suited for this new internal phono?
According to the announcement, 5mV and 100pF.
Adikt is 6,5mV and 68pF (internal MM Linn phono).
M.

There are no serious issues these days with MM cart matching to MM phono stages - most all pretty similar apart from output. Main issue can be capacitance (but even here things have improved from the old days), but this is often as much down to variations in the arm cabling as anything else.

I’d be interested to know which MM carts were used for development though…

3 Likes

Richard, there are compatibility exceptions, most notably the AT MM and Linn MM cartridges - AT specify an optimum capacitance of 100-200pF for all their MM cartridges. That’s very low and either quite expensive (external phono stage) or very difficult to achieve in practice (very few,if any, integrated amps have anything like 100pF input capacitance!).

The new Naits are presenting a 470pF input load, so not ideal for the AT cartridges (and some other makes that prefer low capacitance). They’ll still work, they’ll just loose a little ‘sparkle’ off the top end; but the corollary is that they’ll show up the surface noise a little less!

1 Like