The Queen

As I recall from his wedding, he said he was Charles Philip Arthur George.

1 Like

Charles III it is!

1 Like

If that is so, I wish him better luck than our first two Kings with that designation.

She was hugely regarded and admired here in Ireland which says a lot about her really - RIP

8 Likes

According to Liz Truss. Interesting that Charlesā€™ official statement wasnā€™t signed off as King Charles III. Hope itā€™s not our new PMā€™s first faux pas?

My condolence to you all from DE. I am very, very sad.

4 Likes

The end of an era.The Queen of my life.RIP

6 Likes

Iā€™d be very surprised if the PMā€™s announcement hadnā€™t to a large extent been pre-scripted under plans for this very sad day.

What an utter baptism of fire for the new PM to have to make a speech regarding the monarchā€™s death within 48 hours of her own ascension to PM.

4 Likes

So very sad. RIP Your Majesty.

God Save The King!

26 Likes

Clarence House has just, in the last few seconds, confirmed his title as King Charles III.

2 Likes

@Swanny i think you must be Huw Edwards

Well I was typing it just as he was saying it!

1 Like

A sad, sad day. She has been on the throne longer than I have been alive. In all that time she maintained the highest standards of service, despite the many challenges that would have tested anyone. The UK and world will miss her.

10 Likes

By the way, that was not meant to be a flippant comment. I am very sad this evening. Horrible news.

3 Likes

Good for him. He would undoubtedly have decided some time ago.

1 Like

Like many, Iā€™m still shocked by the death of our Queen. I never expected to feel the loss so acutely.

Thank you your majesty for your service to the country and to its people. May you now rest in peace.

44 Likes

If you look at the protocols for LBiD then we were already part of it this afternoon, namely:

• Snr cabinet members advised
  • BBC1 to change schedule and broadcast solely on the topic

RIP, but she passed way at the place she loved most.

3 Likes

Dear all It Is not only a sad day for Englandā€¦ She was special for a lot of people around a worldā€¦ She was a reference to many people and such a lovely person.
Hard to express my feelings right now, I feel Sorry and I regret such a good part of our world Is leaving usā€¦
What a life She hadā€¦
Che riposi in pace.

8 Likes

Will there be a national day of mourning or whatā€™s the protocol? I was due to visit the UK over the weekend

Having lost my Aunt at age 94 recently and visiting her in a hospiceā€¦ā€¦very upsetting. The Queen managed her duties until the very end, what a great Monarch, but such a strong person. R.I.P

14 Likes