The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Maybe not, but I am. :smiley: What a beaty. Any more pics?

steve

No more pics. There was another classic pick-up under a tarp nearby, and a field full of alpaca. Great place.

1 Like

A Jowett Jupiter - someone sent it to me , lovely British sports car .

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 11.27.56

6 Likes

Gorgeous looking car.

1 Like

Yes, my mum worked for Wing Commander Jowett in the war, though by this time it had gone from a family firm to one listed on the Stock Exchange

We’ve had the Headcorn Battle of Britain Airshow in full swing over the last few days. We’re a bit too far away to see the action but you can certainly hear it off in the distance. Did anyone here go?

As an aside, I was reminded by a friend over the weekend of this (with apologies to anyone offended by the appropriately blue language used during the film)…

4 Likes

Apparently WAAFS who did the plotting for the Battle Of Britain had to be warned in advance of the language and the screams …

The late Ray Hanna - the doyen of many a public air show…also look up his fly-by at Goodwood. Boy’s own stuff.

He had a magnificent flying career, saw him flying many things last century! His son Mark was a great pilot too.

A late workmate of mine is on the left of this photo, Ray Hanna on top.

5 Likes

I went to the Royal Academy yesterday to see the Summer Exhibition (a bit delayed this year). I thought this was rather fun. Perhaps not so great if you’re a lover of old Mercedes’ though…

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me? By Ron Arad.

11 Likes

Cortina rear light at Goodwood a few years ago

12 Likes

Nice lights. :grin:

3 Likes

I suppose Hawks count as ‘Vintage’ nowadays as they’re over 40 years old.

At least they don’t need an M.O.T.!

Whatever the weather.

9 Likes

They are like Trigger’s broom , everything has been replaced at least once , so it may look the same but is a completely different beast .

Sad that the only “fighter” plane that is entirely British in design is sub sonic.

I say fighter because there is a fighter /bomber version available

Not this year, but I had a trip in a Tiger Moth from there a couple of years ago.

Some upfront vintage

6 Likes

Fantastic John. That’s definitely on my bucket list - and rather more affordable than the Spitfire!

You may well have flown over us (we have the 60 acre bagatelle shaped field with two small plantation woods inside it - right next to Benenden school). The Tiger Moth often flies over and banks around the field and I usually wave if I’m out there with the dogs.

I may well have done Richard though I must admit I was enjoying the flight too much to notice what we were flying over.

I’m already thinking about the Harvard in 2022 to celebrate reaching OAP status…or maybe I’ll go straight to the Spitfire, I guess it depends how much I get for a 66 year old kidney… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Have to say, at this point, my retirement present is going to be a threesome!

Trips in Spitfire, P-51 and the 109/Buchon planned. :grinning:

Mind, now the two seater Hurricane is up and running, I might have to add another old girl to the list at Biggin Hill.

3 Likes