The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Another tenuous link, but on a trip to this part of the world, a Train enthusiast just has to visit the magnificent Forth Rail Bridge.

11 Likes

As the OP, yes it is vintage

1 Like

Had a visitor in town this afternoon.

11 Likes

Just a little Snipe…

14 Likes

Super picture , and thank you for your contribution to this thread

2 Likes

And a little Fokker of course…

8 Likes

Come on, that’s gotta be a photo from some card company. :grin:

That’s just too prefect, well done. :+1:

2 Likes

Ah, places like Shuttleworth and Duxford have photographic evenings , models etc provided .

If you have any interest in aviation , I can heartily recommend IWM Duxford and you will often find historic warbirds , in test flights .

1 Like

All that’s true but you still need an eye for drama and composition.

1 Like

Hah! About the only time the young ‘Nebula’ sat down without coming to see exactly how interesting everything in my bag was. And my shoes. Any the little dangly thing off my wrist strap. And frankly any bit of grass, twig, leaf or feather that wasn’t tied down :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully the scope of this thread is wide enough to allow some steam engines. These were at the Biddenden tractor fest at the weekend.

Louby-Lou even managed to find one her own size.

The smaller engines are real labours of love, mostly painstakingly scratch built in the owners garage or workshop over many years.

9 Likes

Definitely

Challenging conditions at the Wattisham Families Day today. I went home, disappointed, resigned to not getting any pics. Then my plane tracker showed the BBMF’s Lancaster on its way. I messaged a neighbour, and we went with his grandson to a lay-by under the approach just in time. Chuffed. Neither of them had seen or heard a WWII aircraft before!

22 Likes

Superb photos, @TRL. I bet the sound of the Lancaster was even more impressive.

1 Like

It stirs the blood and the emotions

2 Likes

I was at the Queen Mother’s funeral and the BBMF sent the Lancaster, a Spitfire and Hurricane over Whitehall. The noise is truly amazing but it brings with it the emotion of the times and the sacrifice those aircraft represent and on that day, of all days, was overwhelming.

2 Likes

this is the sort of thing ,

7 Likes

Ha exposed. Thanks.

Artistic license

Another from Thursday

15 Likes