The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

It’s for sale if anyone wants one! Beautiful colour.

9 Likes

A fond look back at the Welsh car industry :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

C’est magnifique

1 Like

There’s always one…

6 Likes

Nice badge to be dragging around behind you.

10 Likes

My all time favourite Ferrari.

1 Like

Would be mine too, if it was a real one.

1 Like

I’m disappointed. What is the basis of the fake?

Don’t know but I can’t see the point myself.

Pardon my ignorance but what make was that, can’t remember ever seeing that car before.

Bye the way I’d buy that E Type in a heart beat if I could afford it, been my hero car of mine since a friends brother had a brand new one in the late 60s. Gorgeous cars. :+1:

2 Likes

Gilbern is the make, Invader the model. Ford 3 litre engine. It’s not physically a big car and fibre glass bodied so I’d imagine it felt quite quick. There weren’t more than about 600 made, this was up to/including 1973 so won’t be many left now I’d think. Nice looking car IMHO.

3 Likes

Cheers, never seen one before. Kind of looks a Italian I thought.

Just had a look on line the Estate was an odd looking car, not unpleasant, just odd.

A mate bought a Gilbern Invader MK3 about a year ago. Yep, they’re small, and they definitely have a Lancia Fulvia look about them. My mate’s car was a factory show car, and well known among the brand’s fans. Although it was in reasonable condition when he bought it, he has stripped it so he can replace absolutely everything that he’s not happy with.

I love the thing, especially in the bright blue body. And oh boy weren’t old cars simple things!

2 Likes

A forlorn voice from Duxford

1 Like

Not a major fan of the MG but this one looked very pretty in its silver paintwork.

3 Likes

It’s only £60K…Plus shipping.

1 Like

Where are you, please, that you’re hanging out with these nice cars and fake Ferrari!

The guys that fly these things really are a bit special aren’t they?
I’d guess it would have been a wee bit loud and draughty in a convertible at 600mph.

These were at the Stamford Car Show. Bit of a mix but a nice mooch around on a pleasant Sunday.

1 Like