The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

@Jamiewednesday @TRL

Gentlemen - Thankyou :pray:

I used to regularly pass one of these going in the opposite direction on my drive in to work and always wondered what it was. With the return to a more regular ‘in office’ work pattern since COVID, I’ve not seen it again since so thanks for solving that particular mystery …

1 Like

My first job in London, one of my work colleagues had one of these. I thought it was rather cool and sounded good too. Sadly he then sold it as he was given a 205 GTI as a company car.

1 Like

How awful for him!

1 Like

Yup, it was a 1.9 too. How Ghastly for him…

2 Likes

Phew…Imagine if they’d forced him to accept the 1.6. The horror.

not a major MG fan either but a nice B with wires, the proper spinners and chrome bumpers in the right colour can be lovely, that one’s not too scruffy!

Love reading the prices and options, £10 extra for any colour you like. Bargain.

3 Likes

1920 Douglas

4 Likes

It’s amazing what you can find! What shocked me was the purchase tax, and I’d have seriously considered the build it yourself option. At this time it seems the small estate was definitely a thing:

Or the rival glass fibre estate with a Ford 3 litre:

2 Likes

My mate’s Gilbern Invader Mk3, as it was advertised.

A stunning colour, and a lovely interior. I’m just hoping to have a ride in it before he sells it! It’ll be up with the best in the country once the restoration is complete.

7 Likes

A trip to Cornwall Aviation Heritage Center:

7 Likes

To close next year, as things stand.

Yes so I found out today, they have a petition going which hopefully will do some good, It worked for the United Downs Raceway at Redruth when the Council wanted to shut that down. Don’t suppose the council will do anything with it other that store even more dustcart’s on the land like they do now.

1 Like

EWS Class 66 no 66013 approaching Hensall station with a train of empty biofuel wagons, heading east.

steve

3 Likes

Probably a housing estate, our council can’t sell enough land to developers.

1 Like

The word on the street is that it’ll be taken by businesses that are more profitable than a museum. It’s a shame.

In the meantime, XH558, the Vulcan that was the last one flying, is facing the scrap man.
Doncaster airport has given the Vulcan To The Skip, sorry, Skies team notice, and the airport itself is a failing enterprise.

2 Likes

Just love the EE Lightning.

1 Like

I was driving back from RAF Waddington and there was one at a scrap yard , in an oversized skip

Sad

1 Like

When and where, exactly? Or ish?

Edit: the famous Newark Lightning was for about 30 years sat rotting and ever more graffitied by the A1. Scrapped about 2011.

5 Likes

About 2013-4 (ish) , but that looks like it, certainly on the A1 on the way to Wittering (that brought back a few memories) . My memory is that it was in a scrap yard.

Ian

1 Like