The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

They look smart

1 Like

Thanks Gazza. Unfortunately I needed three inner tubes as I had to destroy one of them when I made the grievous error of “losing” the valve when it popped back inside the tyre. Plenty of swearing that day, I can tell you! Especially since taking a new tyre off the rim is a lot harder than putting it on…

2 Likes

It was always a pain for my bicycle tyres……let alone those beasts.

My wife woke up this morning to find these two parked in the courtyard outside of our flat in Swanage. We think there is an upmarket Air’b’n’B opposite

And to prove your point. Just walked past this at London Victoria station…

10 Likes

Be careful inflating those, a friends Dad was killed last year inflating a tractor tyre that blew out.

1 Like

I watched it steaming through Bromley this morning.

2 Likes

Is it ULEZ compliant?

4 Likes

Many, many years ago I was discussing the Flying Scotsman with its then new owner and I asked him if it was ‘green’ in the context of a broader plan to encourage road users onto heritage rail.

‘Green….to look at’ was his reply!

2 Likes

Thanks Hollow…

This old Buick was parked out the front of our place this morning.

10 Likes

I was in the RAF section of the CCF at school in Edinburgh. RAF Turnhouse (now subsumed within Edinburgh Airport) is the only place from which I have taken off as a passenger, and then taken control of flying an aeroplane.

1 Like

Beautiful bit of machinery. Great paint job and colour choice as well.

2 Likes

It did look pretty special but I’d hate to be driving it on our roads.

1 Like

Yeah, I can imagine. You being out in the countryside an’ all.

1 Like

Yee-haw :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It is quite an important place for me. My parents met there when both in the RAF.

This wonderful machine took us to Edinburgh today.

13 Likes

York?

steve

It was yes.

1 Like