The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Thought I would show @Jamiewednesday how to take a proper photo of an aeroplane…

7 Likes

Cheers, that’s a big help, I’ll take that on board for next time.

Yesterday I could only manage something like this, which was clearly a bit of a disappointment…

14 Likes

Although Miss Helen came up nice.

13 Likes

Sywell show last Sunday. Taken from my back garden, about a mile away…

10 Likes

Lucky you!

1 Like

My wife aged 6 was on the beach and can still remember it quite well.

• 23 August 1967 RAF Gnat T.1 XP512 abandoned overhead RAF Valley at 3,000 feet (910 m) following seizure of Hobson Unit in tailplane during previous roller landing. Instructor seriously injured; student pilot uninjured. Aircraft flew on for about five minutes in large circle before crashing on Rhosneigr beach amongst bathers but inflicted no injuries on the public. WIKI.

Pic: ASN.

3 Likes

Oslo last week , in the Kon Tiki museum. Wonderful to see the original raft that enthralled me when I read the book from the school library

in my early teens.

10 Likes

Visited a local aerodrome this pm.

steve

11 Likes

Breighton?

Reading this just now….some dude!

1 Like

Yes.

steve

You might be interested to know that one of his Hurricanes that was shot down is being restored.

3 Likes

More info here on Breighton.

steve

1 Like

Pushing the envelope…the three Bleach Green Viaducts.

The oldest one in the foreground (opened 1848) currently carries Larne to Belfast trains. Originally it carried all trains from Belfast to/from Larne and Derry/Londonderry. Trains for Londonderry had to change direction at Greenisland which necessitated moving the engine from one end to the other.
In 1834 the two concrete viaducts opened. The one in the background carried dual lines to/from Londonderry directly, eliminating the extra distance and time of reversing at Greenisland. The middle viaduct (single line) carries the Belfast to Larne trains.

Several other structures relating to this time. Including:

Map shows the Position and orientation of the two photos.

Willy.

7 Likes

Lovely scenery :+1:

2 Likes