The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Kingswear last Saturday

16 Likes

SVR today at Arley

12 Likes

Went to the local Classic Transport Rally yesterday, lots of to see, including examples of everyday cars, that are not as common as they once were.

13 Likes

A few more from yesterday.

14 Likes

And a few pictures from today at the Pershore Plum Festival.

11 Likes

Neither of my two Avengers ever looked that good. :grin:

steve

1 Like

I saw that Zodiac driving through my village.

steve

1 Like

Who would select the Astra Estate to be their car of choice for preservation or restoration?

1 Like

Ford Executive - the first British Ford to have a sliding sunroof.
It wasn’t actually badged as a Zodiac despite being identical to the Zodiac other than trim.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they’ve owned it from new and just looked after it, rather than having put effort into it!
Now, a Mk2 Astra GTE, and I’d have a different view.

2 Likes

A few more from Sunday, including this Citroen SM.

8 Likes

It’s funny how cars have this effect on people, if you could preserve or restore a car, what would you choose ?

Saab 900 3 door, “classic” shape, preferably a Turbo.

Had a 900 SE 5 door 27 or so years ago and it’s still my favourite of all the cars I’ve owned.

steve

2 Likes

My first car was a Viva HA

1 Like

Very nice, my friend had a 900, nice to travel in, sadly missed.

1 Like

Driven loads of the HA van version, thousands of miles, happy memories.

1 Like

Citroen SM most probably…

5 Likes

Most anything but one of those or a Metro!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

I had a Saab 900 Turbo 16S Aero, which I bought after a brief but disastrous flirtation with a then-new Golf VR6 (loathsome car that was, with none of the joy and thrill of the Mk1 Campaign I had come from). Although the design had roots in the '60s, and definitely had its quirks, it had enormous character too, and quite the most comfortable seats of any car I’ve driven before or since. I did a huge mileage in it, and could drive for hours in comfort, whether driving up and down to Scotland or across Europe. I still miss it…

3 Likes