The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

and mine… constantly over heating so i took the stat out!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the Ford Mustang and there were a few on display in the park as well as the parking area, if you’re in or around the area, can recommend visiting, not forgetting the King’s Arms PH :grin:

8 Likes

That chop top 100E looks interesting.

steve

1 Like

Its for sale, if you’re interested, it was also on display in Pontefract in June.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting.

Nice idea but finances and (lack of) space preclude. :slightly_smiling_face:

steve

1 Like

No problem, space is a major consideration as we well know modelling wise ! I need an aircraft hanger, I’ve got access to a 10x8 shed thats full of gardening equipment…

1 Like

Love the top 2, they start to go ordinary in the 80s imo.

1 Like

How much would that sell for?

1 Like

Agree, originals are best, mid 80’s mmmmm no, present day, considering all the emission standards they have to meet, not bad.

1 Like

No Idea Pete, would imagine it would cost a fortune shipping it out to you :grin:

1 Like

Not seen a Hillman Avenger for a while. I had one as my first car - XKR 107 J

1 Like

Even the last of the Saabs were characterised by incredible comfort.
This is my 2011 turbo convertible, bargains at the moment with surprising levels of support

6 Likes

I had a 9-3 Convertible on a T plate for a few years. Really liked it but it had to go for space reasons. :cry:

steve

My mates dad had a couple of Avenager’s, then switched over to Opel Manta’s, another brand name lost.

The Saab looks very nice, instantly recognisable :+1:

Well, there is a coincidence, I had a Manta too.
Great alternative to the Capri.

1 Like

If I had deep pockets then probably a Jaaag, or one of: Mk1 Range Rover, original G-wagen, Lotus Esprit, AC 428 convertible, Series Land Rover, RS2000, or more exotically a Mk1 Mustang, Maserati Kyalami, Lamborghini Urraco, Maserati Khamsin….

1 Like

Mk 1 Range Rover or RS 2000 for me, you have listed some interesting cars, there’s a Maserati Khamsin listed for £39k that certainly needs a lot of love.

2 Likes

In the car park of the next door forest, at the weekend, there was a very nice looking white L reg Mk1 Range Rover parked up. It was remarkably well preserved (I couldn’t help but admire) and reminded me of the red one that my Dad had briefly around 1971.

2 Likes

Cars are certainly evocative, I have a soft spot for the Vauxhall Viva HC, the car I passed my test in, think it was around 1973 when I first travelled in a Range Rover, it’s certainly evolved since then.

1 Like

I have loved the 2 door Range Rover since its launch in 1970 when I was a small boy. It was 30 years ago when I finally got to ride in one (classic 70s brown) from Glenorchy marina in NZ across farm tracks, driven by a really attractive Kiwi lady who was also a jet boat driver. Of course, being a petrol head what I remember is the all-round visibility, comfortable seating, how the long, angled gear stick fell perfectly to hand, the long-travel suspension soaking up all the bumps and the gentle rumble of the V8. :man_facepalming:t3:

I have a Rangie as my screen saver and I look enviously at the ‘Reborn’ vehicles JLR will sell you, or the Kingsley versions. A year or so back Andrew St Pierre White drove one along the Canning Stock Route in Australia together with some more modern vehicles - it’s on his 4xOverland YouTube channel. The mpg figure reminded me why I’ve never owned one!

3 Likes