Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Good luck hope it’s not stopping you from enjoying a nice glass of red every now and then.

3 Likes

Thanks Pete, I have a few tasting notes to put up on the thread soon.

4 Likes

I haven’t had a red for months :frowning:

3 Likes

Not too long to the transplant now, hang in there.

4 Likes

Managed to eventually get through to a human at Amazon’s customer care regarding an order.

I’d ordered an air fryer/oven type device which I thought might be quite compact and handy for cooking/baking small items as part of an online course.

Took delivery of the box almost 2 months ago, but did not need to use it immediately.

When I opened the box a few days ago I found the shelves/baking tray to be too wide for the oven internals (or oven internals too narrow) making them extremely difficult to place - the wire tray scratched the metal inside and due to the light/compact nature of the device trying to remove the tray wedged on the shelf almost pulled it onto the floor.

When I went to review the order page I noticed not only that it was beyond the return date but that as Amazon had not sold it they indicated I’d have to contact a 3rd party - I’ve seen comments about this sort of thing before where getting support has been tricky.

Anyhow, the lady I spoke to at Amazon was extremely helpful and to my surprise has arranged a return and refund. Pleased with this solution to the 'computer says not eligible for return’. Let’s see if the pick up goes smoothly (Evri :scream:).

This is quite a good reminder to myself to check/unbox items on delivery as I often buy things I might need a few weeks/months down the line especially if pricing is temporarily more competitive than normal.

1 Like

I find if you ask for them to call you they are quick and efficient. We had a wine fridge where the led light failed. Contacted the manufacturer who twice sent people that were not competent to replace the led light……their words not mine. Rang the manufacturer……they said 3rd time lucky?
Amazon agreed with us that they were taking the p**s…….money back immediately, collected next day.

1 Like

Became a Grandparent :flushed::flushed:

17 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations, possibly the best job on the planet. :+1:

3 Likes

Well done, that man. And I second what Pete said.

3 Likes

Many congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Congratulations!

2 Likes

It was absolutely lashing down this morning, so I took the opportunity (still after as much procrastination as I could get away with) to complete and submit my tax return. Now I need to save up to pay the tax!

3 Likes

Hand washed 3 cars this morning - thought the downpour earlier might have loosened up some grime.

Took me 4-5 hours I think and still not ideal due to all the tree sap and muck stuck to it on the roofs.

1 Like

Unless it is raining hard, I always prefer to wash my car in the rain. All the grime is pre-softened and the process tends to be self-rinsing. My wife’s car had been under an oak tree for a week (in Northumberland) and was covered in sap. The “clay cloth” got the paintwork clean and smooth.

1 Like

Just had dinner at the oystercatcher in Rosniger on Anglesey.

4 Likes

You’ll make a Welsh person cry with that spelling; it’s Rhosneigr.

3 Likes

As I was typing it I realised that despite having been here about six times I had no chance whatsoever of spelling it correctly.

3 Likes

Been there, done that!!

1 Like