Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

We see too many people who we know are defrauding on benefits……and then there is the ex Para with nothing below the knees……working for Openreach. Kneeling down in front of the BT boxes doing his stuff……proud of the boys and girls❤️

5 Likes

I hope that was three thugs, not two of the scum plus the woman!

Yep 3 thugs!

1 Like

A few years back there was a wave of neighbors gardens having plants stolen during the night. We had a couple of Hellebores taken at the time.

When the neighborhood watch group talked to the police they mentioned that there are some con-artists who were doing some door to door soliciting to offer a introductory cash only price for landscaping. If they find a customer they schedule a vist a few days out then build their inventory by robbing other peoples plantings.

If it is too good to be true, then it probably isn’t!

1 Like

The Met can get it wrong…

Halloween tat replaced the garden furniture/fire pits/BBQs and so forth in a few local stores in early August. Christmas novelty chocolates seen in a large display in Sainsbury’s yesterday.

I’d agree most of it is bonkers. I suppose hot cross buns are available all year round these days so maybe understandable that mince pies (reasonable shelf life generally) appear early or maybe more surprising they are not available all year round.

If people buy it then vendors will sell it…

That’s quite the intervention.

G

3 Likes

We bought this wine yesterday from the winery. Do you know better than the locals? Have you actually been here?

My eldest finally got to cash in his Christmas voucher so we drove down to the Wallberg mountain by Tegernsee and he paraglided off the mountain while I and his bro watched from down below. Went for a swim in the lake before returning.
Greatly enjoyed watching the Gopro video. Breathtaking stuff but glad he was the high-flier today and not me

2 Likes

I do like being on holiday! Where we are in Provence doesn’t seem very tourist at all. We’ve not seen a single U.K. car in the last week. The local town, Trets, seems to be totally off the tourist trail. It has a fantastic boulangerie, a great fromagerie, and some friendly bars. The bar person was very happy when I ordered a Ricard at 5.15 this afternoon, with a big thumbs up and a look of surprise. We then went to get some fuel but the station didn’t seem to be working. A young lad in a souped-up BMW with a exhaust that keeps making popping noises came over and said to follow him to another petrol station - in French of course - so off we went, following him around roundabouts to another source of carburants. It’s just not like this in a tourist hell place where everything is a rip off and the locals think of tourists - usually justifiably - as idiots. We went to La Rochelle on a stopover last year and it was like a theme park. Trets is in no way flashy, but it is a great place to visit.

2 Likes

Too early in the year for a mince pie (though I love them).

1 Like

I think you are both (@SamClaus) right!
Phil

In recent years the number of GB cars here in my part of Valencia has fallen off a cliff - maybe one a week. Plenty of Dutch and German plates still around (usually on imposing campers!).

1 Like

There are no GB cars the GB has changed to UK.

Look out for my car in November as I visit Valencia on my drive back to the UK.

This is more about what I’ll do in the next 24 hours.

My last 18 months have been such that I have become lazy, tired, unmotivated. I haven’t had a proper holiday since summer of 2022 and that was with my ex life mate, but now she’s somewhere else with someone else.
I have the whole of September for myself and am longing to change the environment. I also miss UK.

May I have please suggestions for some place in the UK where I could go by myself and enjoy the best of it, walking, visiting towns? I know London and Oxfordshire well enough, and have been there with S. which makes those places Forbidden Planet.

Dynaudio1’s picture has triggered a strong sensucht… I only have to fight low spirits and buy a ticket.
Help appreciated!

1 Like

Relax, you’re on holiday… I hope you enjoyed the wine.

I saw them on the shelves in Sainsbury’s in August! They’re banned in this house until December, sadly.

1 Like

Life is much more interesting when you have a sympathetic partner.

1 Like

Edinburgh (if you are not concerned about reliable weather!). You could explore a large part of Scotland by train in all directions with easy access to all kinds of terrain for walking and exploring.

4 Likes