Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

You look just like Tom Platz, a 1980s bodybuilder known for his ridiculously over developed legs :wink:

Is that Venice LA? And what about Athens GA.? :grin:

I always wondered who needed those funny trousers you see in war films wider at the thigh.

Looks like any of the chicken shops round where I live.

In an effort that would likely be a horror to the adept DIYers here on the forum, I have built a pad on the side of house for the 2 trash cans that currently reside in the garage. Mrs DM has wanted this for two years - of course, it will not be she braving the heat, cold, or rain to take the trash out!

Still more work to be done, but hopefully it will function and be durable.

2 Likes

By the time the grass grows and it settles down it’ll look like a professional did it.

A Tom Stoppard character referred to Edinburgh as the “Reykjavik of the South.” :rofl:

1 Like

Very good.

G

1 Like

You are a kind person, Pete. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Venice is the Fort Lauderdale of Italy.

Fort Lauderdale. I’ve been to Athens, Georgia. For a moment there – probably as I was choking while trying to cross Route 78 – I could have sworn I was in Greece.

That’s actually a compliment. Reykjavik, though small (but perfectly formed), is one of my favourite places.

2 Likes

After 66 years, got circumcised yesterday. Not as much fun as a holiday in France!
It is possible, even in one’s advanced years, to switch positions on an argument you were always certain about.
I always considered male infant circumcision to be child abuse, but being on the receiving end as an adult ……

6 Likes

I was invited to a play at Drury Lane Theatre Oakbook Illinois!
All American cast of The Audience. They did a great job with British accent!

It’s been ages since I went to a play and this was surprisingly enjoyable.
download

2 Likes

Having a couple of days in Lyme Regis so I could do my one day course on Fermentation ( foods not booze) at the River Cottage. Staying on the lower floor of this rather lovely blue and White House on the right

4 Likes

After sitting on the tarmac at Gatwick with a plane full of screaming babies for 2 hours, whilst BA tried to file a flight plan that ATC liked……we got to Tenerife.
Staying at the Ritz Carlton Abama, great hotel and surprisingly reasonable at this time of year. Tucked away from the built up resorts it sits on its own opposite the island of Gomera.

10 Likes

It’s a hard life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, have a lovely time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Received our coffee order of 100% Certified Wild Kopi Luwak Coffee, AKA “Cat Poop Coffee”.

Mrs DG is not so sure.

DG…

We drove down to Cassis today, had lunch and then drove along the Route des Crêtes to La Ciotat. It’s a narrow and extremely bendy road that runs along the top of the cliffs at about 1,400 feet. It was a bit scary in places and I was glad Mrs HH was at the wheel. It has a few stopping places with wonderful views.

Cassis was very pretty but very hot and very busy and it was a relief to return to our quiet campsite in the hills, which is quite a bit cooler than the coast, as it’s 1,000 feet altitude.

3 Likes

Ah, about 400km SE of me (currently in St Leonard de Noblat, Limousin region), just 3 days into France). Unseasonal weather for France, though I note the Med coastal strip is better. On the infrequent occasions I see a UK plate Eriba I look to see if if is being pulled by an A3 - none yet - and would then wonder if is you! K notice Eribas because when considering campervan or caravan and looking at different models it is the one we particularly liked!