Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Oh you poor lad

Oops!

I got it early June, from a friend/colleague’s retirement bash! Shared it with Sue…”a problem shared is somebody else’s problem” etc. But we are so well dosed up these days that it is an annoyance, rather than an “oh God, we’re doomed” scenario!

We both felt absolutely crap for a few days, but we found that quinine helps…

….with additives………

So take care, Nige.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, hopefully fairly mild, which symptoms triggered the test?

Incessant cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, aches all over and general feeling like crap.

2 Likes

Again, sorry to hear that, I guess if you both have it at the same time, hopefully it’ll be less disruptive overall than one coming down with it a few days later.

Sorry to hear that. It makes you feel rubbish. Are you jabbed?

Yes, I had my latest on Friday. I’ve been keeping up to date. A glass or two of red wine works wonders.

2 Likes

The guidance on covid is to my mind rather poor….if you test positive, stay at home for 5 days. But….you have to get to a chemist and buy a test kit…….then no help, or if very sick go to A and E. It is now like the flu, which is no joke either.
Hope u recover soon Nigel.

I keep a few tests in stock at home as it were, so we can both test without going out if we want to.

Anyway I hope you both feel better soon HH.

2 Likes

If you have an oxygen sats meter at home, take a reading. If less than 92%, go to a&e. If you don’t have one, go to a&e to get checked out. You may need oxygen. It’s ok to rock up at hospital with Covid if your health is in serious trouble.

I’ve had some great fun with Virgin.

A few years ago when they phoned to ask why I wasn’t renewing contract, I told them Sky have offered a similar package plus BT sport for the same cost of my last Virgin contract. (Which wasn’t true). They immediately offered to hold their price and include BT sport.

When my next contract renewal came around, I negotiated a nice discount for removing BT sport from my package.

I cancelled my Virgin mobile contract because they increased the monthly charge from £8 to £10.
I told them I didn’t want to pay that much. They asked what I wanted to pay, I said £5, they immediately said, OK we can do that.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest that!

Took my new MTB for a proper ride through single-track, mud and trails. It really flatters my rudimentary skillz but is great fun! :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice, very out of touch with modern MTBs but what did you get?

Sorry to hear that and hope you feel better soon.

Not sure which variant we had in July, but it affected chest then throat, ears, nose … it only required a few days in bed but several weeks to feel better. It then reminded me I had had it every time I did jobs which meant easing back again over the next six weeks. I have too many jobs to do such as doing up a 4 bay garage my dad used for the milk floats.

Anyway listen to your body.

Phil

2 Likes

Spot on.

Trek Fuel-Ex. There are some good deals to be had on new bikes currently - and now I’m not going to work I have more time to fill so thought I ought to try off-road riding :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks lovely. I really need to get out on the old Kona and muster up some enthusiasm for a new MTB!

1 Like

That snippet of advice comes from a leading hospital consultant (now retired) who was at the forefront of COVID care in ED/AMU unit in their hospital during the pandemic. That’s good enough for me!

Less experienced and/or junior doctors might be more concerned by seeing higher numbers.

Obviously, one should take the advice of a doctor who has actually seen you in person over someone who throws out a snippet of advice of some forum, however well qualified to do so. After all, what was said above (difficulty breathing), could hardly be construed as a patient history. However, I’ve got Covid, and I’m having difficulty breathing, does ring alarm bells

As with all advice, the recipient can do with it as they see fit. Hopefully, either his breathing has gotten easier, or he has sought medical attention.

1 Like

Take care.

DG…