Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I’ve never heard of a similar failure. I’ve had the K3s for 4 1/2 years now, so they are just in warranty. Before them I had the D30 RS which also has a ribbon tweeter, either identical or similar, they were faultless for 5 years.

I think it’s possible to replace just the ribbon, though it’s not a job the user could undertake.

I think Proacs are fabulous speakers, dealer response so far has been first rate, I’ll let you know how things unfold if you are interested.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks - I would be keen to hear how it goes

I did think about getting one of those Nick Mason skins…but then I thought to myself what would I really do with it, would I frame and hang it etc, so didn’t…seeing yours, perhaps I should have…!

Got some drum sticks somewhere, that were in the VIP pack we got…may get used as chopsticks if I’m in need, as I certainly can’t play the drums…!

Still, did get this – Gary reached over and handed it to me as they were finishing the set…He was bloody brilliant that night – who would have thought, Spandau Ballet to prog guitarist…!

SC

The drum skin belongs to my eldest son. It was framed to keep it safe whilst he’s between rented houses. Now it’s framed it will go back into storage.
As for Gary Kemp I couldn’t agree more, he was unbelievable.
Having just seen David Gilmour whilst he was excellent I thought Nick Mason’s SoS were more dynamic and exciting.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree on that…
I missed out on Gilmour this time, but did see him the last time at the Albert Hall….

I went to SoS with Mrs SC and whilst she does like a bit of Floyd (I think!) I did say to her ahead of the gig ‘this will be mostly early Floyd and perhaps a bit, well…’, just trying to prep her in case it got a bit much….But she absolutely loved it, said it was one of the best gigs we’d been to that year…and I must admit, was way better than I was even expecting…:grinning:

SC

1 Like

There must be at least 50 signed drum skins on eBay. Nick has clearly found a good way to fill his time. It can be nice to have signed stuff, especially if it’s by people whose work you love, and who you’ve met and been with when they signed it. I got an album signed by the Unthanks that they did for me when I helped put on one of their shows, and one signed by Eddi Reader. I think it makes a difference when you are there with the artists. Scott Hamilton signed a CD for me after a show at the Pizza Express, which was good of him.

2 Likes

Hi, I tend to agree about in person signings. The aforementioned eldest son has seen a number of bands over the last 12 months or so where they’ve signed albums purchased at the gig after the show. These include Maruja, Slowdive, Mike Scott (Waterboys) at Rough Trade, Steven Wilson at a meet and greet for his last album in Brighton to name a few. Slightly off topic though was comedian Stuart Lee signing a book after a gig in London last year.

What did my wife (and daughter#2) do today?

After a leisurely breakfast in their hotel in Boston (the USA version), they’ve toddled off to Salem, MA (of roasted witches fame). Apparently there’s a “witchy” yarn, wool & knitting shop there. Weather is sunny and warm, 24 degC!

They’re still there, probably having a leisurely lunch.
What did I do today?

Fed the kitties, changed their litters, did the usual weekly cursory checks on the cars (oil, water etc), embedded a couple of house bricks on the side gate path in order to protect the broadband cable (some animal had been digging there and had unearthed it - though fortunately not damaged). And cleared the foul drain at the front manhole (it bungs up every 8-9 months or so - probably last night’s curry was the final straw).

2 Likes

I joined a Golf Club. How very Jerry Leadbetter.

4 Likes

A few weeks ago i mentioned a dreadful car accident, a 13 year old boy died. We had recently installed cctv, and our footage was taken.
Tonight the road was shut down, and the police used a lot of gear and controlled speed cars. They are calibrating the footage along the road from multiple cameras……. Team set up the road and pavements with accurate markers. This picture of equipment in our drive. Checked our cctv, then speed controlled cars. The nice lady from forensics, turned up and took their data.
Very time consuming, but very methodical……
We just hope it helps.

7 Likes

Amazing….
Really interesting how they can correlate all the separate and differing data sources….

SC

1 Like

It is but unfortunately it won’t bring back the 13 year that was killed. It’ll just make it easy to punish those responsible.

3 Likes

Early voting has begun in Florida, so I did my part for democracy.

1 Like

I bet your wife & daughter are really envying you…

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean. Who would want to visit Fenway Park, and the “Boston Tea Party” Museum to watch the (daily, I assume) reenactment of Tossing the Tea! :laughing:

Whereas today I had the excitement of changing cat litters and water fountains, and setting up another wildlife CCTV in the side path.

Perhaps tomorrow I’ll hit London Camera Exchange and drop money on another lens I don’t need.

Of course, that’ll be after I’ve fed the kitties, changed more litters, received the weekly groceries delivery from T****, etc etc. The excitement never ends!

2 Likes

I’ve been to Boston, it’s rubbish. You’re better off where you are.

If you believe that…

Just trying to make you feel better!

2 Likes

Boston, Lincs?

2 Likes

Is there another one?

4 Likes

I always wondered why Joan Baez sang about “Please come to East Anglia”

As someone who’s father was in the RAF I visited East Anglia too often , especially when you have three years in Malta followed by nine months in East Anglia

Much as I like you Ian, please don’t criticise Norwich!