Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

How are they doing at the mo?

Please don’t ask…

1 Like

I worked for Guardian Royal Exchange with their HO in Ipswich .

Nothing against Norwich , Peterborough is another story

Funny we enjoyed Boston.

1 Like

In the USA or Lincolnshire , UK ?

The US, didn’t know there was one in the UK

So many towns in the US take their names from a British town. But Boston and Boston could not be more different. We’ve often talked about going to Boston, largely driven by our love of Cheers. I’ve been to New York but never want to fly long haul again. In fact I never want to fly again. So Mrs HH may well have to go by herself.

2 Likes

Where do you imagine the USA one took its name from ( clue is settlers)

Boston stump is famous.

London to NY long haul, you blokes are kidding try Sydney to NY or Sydney to London.

Unfortunately for us there is no other way.

4 Likes

It’s early here I’m having trouble thinking never mind imagining. :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry Pete. We didn’t just invade the big brown lands.

1 Like

As with many places Pete, we have the originals.

The US places are just poor copies!

To put the record straight, I had a great time in Boston, USA, & was joking in my earlier post.

PS - Boston UK is mostly famous for it’s ‘stump’. Google it if you wish to know more.

1 Like

I live in a country town called Gloucester and every time I search something I have to remember to type in NSW as well.

1 Like

Yes, yet another copy cat!

As are my wife and daughter!

1 Like

No you blokes trying to recreate places just like home, thankfully some regions (not towns) and landmarks are adopting indigenous names.

1 Like

Not a great surprise to me.

My visit was in 2007, with my late wife.

The ‘big dig’ had only recently been completed & most of the cosmetic work hadn’t been completed so some of the central area was looking less than pristine. Other parts looked a lot like Victorian Manchester/Birmingham but, fortunately, the majority looked like other US cities (assuming you like skyscrapers), very clean & impressive.

Hope that is still the case & the impression that your wife & daughter bring back with them.

Unfortunately our and our european neighbours have forbearers that have a lot to answer for.

The past is the past, you can’t change what’s been said only what you’re saying.

4 Likes

Straying into the political, but I agree.
Never apologise for someone else’s mistakes or aggressions. Just move forward in a different way.

2 Likes