Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Yep. Only seems like yesterday.

Willy.

1 Like

A very exciting day. I updated to the latest version of Asset, and did the Qnap software at the same time. Only 6,000 steps today, as we’ve had virtually continuous rain.

Still a decent number. Around the house or did you brave outdoors?

My work is pretty sedentary and I really need to replace my Apple Watch as I suspect I don’t do more than 1500-2000 steps daily at the moment if I work at home.

Pretty shocking really, and yes a simple pedometer would do, but I’d like to replace the watch that was a real encouragement until I dropped it carrying too many items into the house from the car (can’t remember why I’d taken it off but there was a good reason, maybe even charging it in the car).

1 Like

An ongoing situation (as at 20:30).

The westbound M27 has been shut since yesterday because of an accident. Traffic diverted onto the old A27 and resulting in gridlock between Jct 9 (Park Gate) and the Hamble river.

Daughter#2 is coming down for the weekend for Mum’s birthday. Normally I’d pick her up from Southampton Parkway, but because it would be difficult to get there, we got her to go to Southampton Central, and then take the fast Southern train out to Swanwick.

Easy peasy…or not. The Southern train has broken down and is blocking the line somewhere to the east of Portsmouth…

So D#2 is still in Southampton, the A27 is still gridlocked. She is waiting for the Pompey train…

Mum has taken dinner out of the oven!

Bless her……

I think a large gin & tonic will be needed!

2 Likes

Or two……:pray:

2 Likes

Make that three…Mum would probably like one as well.

1 Like

That’s excluding any steps indoors. I use my phone to record the steps, and I try to do at least an hour’s brisk walking every day. I’m doing better this year than last, which is good.

2 Likes

WIth the weather recently I almost feel I need flippers to go out rather than shoes!

Speaking of the wet, I had to rescue my daughter who had got her grandfather’s Polaris stuck half way down one of the fields yesterday afternoon.

Sorted with a bit backwards, a bit sideways then up. Repeat and make it to the top. Had to change trousers and jumper before going out with a friend for curry due to said mud!

Can’t do much about the massive grooves left in the field, unfortunately. He won’t be pleased.

Was that a JLC watch or a missile?

Totally grounded at the moment with a salivary gland infection. Total agony - and takes away any urge to listen to music. Sucks !

South Africa has an awful lot to offer the visitor , if you go, there is an emphasis on the Big Five, which somehow seems translated into the White Rhino :rhinoceros: and not the Black

Other wildlife includes the Great Whites off Cape Town, the Penguins at Bloulder Beach, the Botanic Gardens at Kirstenbosch and the Great Flower shows in the Karoo - when it rains .

3 Likes

You have my sympathy, my left knee has been crock for a long while , the right knee has come out in sympathy . Finally got an X-ray yesterday, also got gel from doctor.

Max I can walk is about 4-500 metres

1 Like

When you first mentioned the Polaris getting stuck I thought you were referring to the smart looking EV!

Phil

1 Like

That’s a Polestar :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Tim. I suspected it might be a vehicle. I’ve seen plenty of those buzzing around, usually with bales of hay or a sheep in the back.

1 Like

Black rhinos are much rarer than white rhinos in S Africa and they hide in the scrub whereas the white rhinos stay more out in the open when grazing, which is probably why rhino means white rhino for most visitors. This trip we didn’t see a black rhino but we have seen them occasionally on other visits. We have also seen the whales off Hermanus, but this is the wrong time of year to do that. And of course we went to Kirstenbosch, always a must. Wrong time of year for flowers in the Karoo. And we saw the penguins on an earlier visit. They were very smelly I remember!

2 Likes