Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Indeed. It was very short, sharp and very heavy, causing it to sting.

DG…

Ours, aged approx 14 years has also lost weight over a short period and has become, if at all possible, more clingy.

Wet nose, still jumps up for food, no issues otherwise other than stretching in really slow motion, as though doing Pilates or yoga.

Vet has as yet to put his finger on the reason.

Does sound similar. Freddie is very clingy too. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night sweating, to find him wrapped around my head on my pillow. And even though he’s lost a lot of weight, there’s still nearly 6 kg of him - and a lot of fur…

9 Likes

We cleared our loft a couple of years ago, and i put boards down, around 60%.

We now have “Hifi Box corner”, “Boxed CDs corner”, “BBC Micro corner”, “Travel cases corner”, “Christmas Decs corner”, “Daughter2’s stuff corner”, and several others……

The loft is nearly full again….but at least everything is boxed and labeled!

5 Likes

That’s a lot of corners. Maybe your loft is octagonal.

1 Like

:laughing:

Sadly no, that sounds much more interesting. Bog standard rectangular I’m afraid…but the roof is pyramidal, which is unusual.

So is my loft. It has a single light socket at a high point. I have to take a good sized step ladder into the loft to reach it. Yesterday I replaced the old 100 watt tungsten bulb with an 80 watt LED device that has six paddles of lights that can be adjusted opinion different directions as well as a seventh face which points where down is on the old light bulb. Very effective it is too. Now I can see what more I need to clear up quite easily!

We use an incinerator which is relatively quick compared with shredding and clean. Important to have one that has good air flow from low down.

Phil

I had installed a couple of four foot fluorescents in the loft, which give a reasonable light but not really good enough. Later on, I’d bought a few B&Q Ebauer rechargeable work lights for our redecoration projects, and they have retractable clips which fit over the rafters in the loft very nicely. So with the fixed and moveable lights, I can get around.

1 Like

Just done a minor loft clearance ahead of some building work. Retrieved my Naim boxes and recycled all my old Uni and A-level notes. Virtually none of my maths degree notes are understandable anymore :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We went up that tower with friends a few years back. We were fine until we had to come back down and discovered that one of our friends does not have a head for heights.
On the way up, you tend not to look down too much. On the way down, it is unavoidable.
The view is great from the top, but there is not much room to stand.
Enjoy your trip.

You were absolutely right. I generally don’t have a problem with heights but bits of the climb felt a bit like a bad dream. Uneven surfaces, steep climbs up wooden steps. Limited space and passing places, quite windy and the slope on the external spiral constantly encouraging you outwards towards the railing. Great fun though!

5 Likes

My idea of hell

Glad you enjoyed it though

Have a good holiday

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Well that was exciting!

According to the NHS app and Google I have suffered food poisoning.
I ticked all the boxes. That’s modern speak.
My diet is quite abstemious. Enough to make a monk sneer. But I did have a portion of smoked fish and this luxury has been branded…culprit.
After 48 hours of unpleasantness and lying abed I arose thinking I must have my blood pressure medication ( I detected a message from haematology department to Central Control. ‘About bloody time’.

Couple rounds of toast and a weak Lavazza and I thought I would be ready for the jobs old men have to accomplish daily. But this thought has been over ridden by Central Control. ‘We are old. We are tired. Put your arse in that recliner under your electric throw. I will tell you when we are ready to start jobs’

So there you find me. I feel another doze approaching.

13 Likes

I went to see Nye at the National Theatre with Michael Sheen last night. As someone who has worked in the NHS for over 40 years I really, really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it was only OK. Quite patchy and episodic and very unsubtle at times. Micheal Sheen was brilliant (when has he ever not been brilliant?) and the end was very moving. Not a dud and if it shows at your local cinema then probably worth a punt so you can make up your own mind

2 Likes

Swam for 32 lengths , non-stop in just under 40 minutes.

It is at the moment , just about as far as I can walk . Now down to four pain killers a day

I now understand how professional footballers can be away for months at an end for a tear in their muscles etc .

13 Likes

I do so hope that things improve for you

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

It’s all very gradual when you are old.
All of the ‘problems ‘ seem to have evaporated.
Just the tiredness to deal with.
If it would warm up a little on the East Coast I might even try a short walk.

Pleased the buoyancy of the pool helps with your mobility.

1 Like

Driven from south coast of Spain, over the mountains and in snow, and back down to the north coast. Now waiting to board the ferry home after a lovely winter in Spain.

13 Likes

Good effort there @Ian2001. :+1: IMHO swimming is the best exercise you can get. I don’t know how long a length of your pool is but when I started swimming regularly I couldn’t swim more than 5 lengths of a 15 metre pool at first. Now I can do 100 lengths if I don’t get fed up first. Exercises all the right muscles without overloading them.

4 Likes