Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

That’s bad luck. I wonder what caused the blocked line. Hope it didn’t ruin your holiday

That should have been one of the great train journeys😥

It was mentioned that there was a catenary failure.
Did have a look into rebooking from Brig to St Moritz some day this week but couldn’t get suitable seats. At least we got to do a bit of it.

Willy.

1 Like

We are in Milan at Foscarini event for the Milano Design Week. If someone’s in italy, Is really worth a visit. There are numerous events right now

6 Likes

Artemide show room

6 Likes

Given one of the orange trees a severe haircut.

4 Likes

Sitting on the A95 north of Garmisch-Partenkirchen on the way back from Lake Garda. The motorway has been closed due to a severe accident. The weather here is 10 degrees colder than in Italy and icy patches have caused this caramboulage. At least 30 ambulances have passed us and a rescue helicopter has landed on the motorway.

Awaiting making a call at 17:00 to see if I have to attend court at 10:00am tomorrow.

As a juror.

G

2 Likes

Allegedly …

2 Likes

Hehehe.

G

I’m just about to start my second week of jury service - finished a trial last week and told to be in tomorrow for a new trial :roll_eyes:

Gosh. That’s over and above I’d have thought.

G

Didn’t get it right last time? :rofl:

1 Like

You have a good way to go. Done it twice now. 3 trials in total, once a foreman.:star::star::star:

2 Likes

Off the hook for tomorrow, which is just as well as I’d forgotten all about it and hence hadn’t alerted work!

G

Decided to go visit Meggenpoint Schloss today as it’s only open on a Sunday. 14 minutes on bus, followed by 13 minutes walk in the snow shower.

Rather pretty.

Had no idea what to expect inside but most certainly didn’t expect this!

The “petite” vocalist was hitting low notes I’d struggle with.

The local wine (at 5CHF a glass) was another pleasant surprise.

Willy

8 Likes

Woke up this morning to a message from Apple that somebody had tried to long into my account…… from Nanjing (for the avoidance of doubt, Nanjing is not that bit between Southampton & Portsmouth…)

So spent the first couple of hours changing a load of passwords, and then reauthorising all my iThings with the new credentials.

Some of Apple’s security features will hide your IP address so I occasionally get messages indicating I’ve logged into a device/website from a completely different place in the UK.

From memory though you cannot specify anything but a vague IP from your country.

I’d suggest you carefully hover over any email links and check they are genuine and not redirecting you to somewhere trying to harvest login details with an authentic looking phishing email.

Yup!
I do get the odd phishing email….they get diverted straight to bin!

Trouble is some of them can look pretty authentic these days :worried:

1 Like